General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

My '94 has a power draw.. Light on Heater won't turn off?

Old 07-17-2011, 05:53 PM
Default My '94 has a power draw.. Light on Heater won't turn off?

My Accord has something drawing it's battery down. The only thing I have noticed that stays on is the little light on the heater (The air flow buttons).

The car's wiring appears to be a rats nest. It has aftermarket lights and a stereo,and it looks like it was a horrible DIY job.

I was going to pull the fuse for the heater, and after some internet searching, I found one that said it's in the passenger side kick plate fusebox (Which I don't have.). I checked my manual and found the "heater control relay, A/C Clutch Relay, Cooling fan relay" fuse (#4 in manual), and pulled that..... But I am worried that it will effect my cooling system (the cooling fan relay).

I haven't been able to test it yet, as the battery is 100% dead... But I was wondering if someone could provide some insight on if this will work? or is there another fuse/another fix?

Thanks for the help everyone! Hoping this accord will be back on the road soon!

Old 07-17-2011, 06:25 PM
Super Moderator

It probably is a problem with the wiring if you see a rat's nest of wires.

This is not a fix; but, something to try instead of pulling the fuse. Turn the fan control off, usually when the fan control is off, the other buttons on the climate control should not function.

The problem may be an exposed wire touching another wire or something.

Old 07-17-2011, 07:39 PM
Super Moderator

I just gave someone instructions on how to test for a parasitic draw. You'll need a volt meter.

Here is the link:

https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/for...eatedly-41454/