General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My car hasnt started in 2 months!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 09:18 AM
Angry My car hasnt started in 2 months!!!!!!

Hey guys hopefully somebody can give me an answer that will solve my problem. I have a 1994 Honda Accord LX. It hasnt started in 2 months now. It will crank and crank and crank but wont start. Ive replaced the fuel pump because it wasnt getting fuel. Still not getting fuel. Ive also changed the coil pack and the Coil Igniter because I have no spark either. I still do not have any spark either. About a month or 2 ago it was running fine and then I went to start it the next morning and it wouldnt start. So I got home from work and saw there was no oil on the dipstick. so I added oil and later in the day it started. I immediately drove it around the block and it acted fine. But then i shut the engine off after I got home and it started right back up. Then the next day it didnt start and has not started since. Does anybody know what is going on with my car???? Please help.

Old 08-24-2010, 11:09 AM
Super Moderator

Before you replaced the fuel pump, did you check whether you have POWER at the fuel pump wiring?

Turn the key to ON but not immediately to START. Does the fuel pump run for 2 seconds then quit? (it should)

Each injector has 2 wires, one is the same color for all injectors. With the key ON, does that wire have battery voltage?

Have you checked for any stored error codes?

Old 08-24-2010, 09:46 PM

Hey Jim thanks for answering my post. And no i did not check the wiring on the fuel pump. And I can not hear the fuel pump even running. I have not checked the injector wires yet so I dont know on the wires. And I have not been able to check for codes yet. I was thinking about doing that. I would have to find a way to get the car to like autozone or someplace. but ive thought about it. I know im not a mechaninc and that is why I kinda put this kind of questions on here, hoping someone would have an answer that I could try. And I thank you for at least having me try something. Ill try that and ill put it up here thank you again.

Old 08-24-2010, 09:57 PM
Super Moderator

Autozone will not be able to read your codes. Use a piece of wire or a thin paperclip to short the connector shown in these instructions:

dhost.info/accordinfo/howto/cel.html

Let us know what code(s) you find.

In the trunk of the car near the back seat, there is an access panel that has three screws holding it in (you don't have to remove that panel). There should be an electrical connector nearby that has a blk/yel wire going to it. Unplug that connector and see if that wire and see if that wire gets 12V for about 2 seconds when you turn the key to the II position.

Old 08-31-2010, 07:46 PM

Hey guys found out what was my problem. I took it to a mechanic after troubleshooting everything and found out that under the dash is a relay. and that is what was bad.

Old 08-31-2010, 08:55 PM
Super Moderator

Glad to hear it is resolved. I am wondering how you tested the fuel pump voltage ("There should be an electrical connector nearby that has a blk/yel wire going to it. Unplug that connector and see if that wire and see if that wire gets 12V for about 2 seconds when you turn the key to the II position.") and it had voltage but the shop replaced the main relay (FPR or whatever you want to call it) and that solved the issue.