General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help! 94 Accord w/ Auto Transmission issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 01:02 AM
HondaDad
Unregistered
Default Need help! 94 Accord w/ Auto Transmission issue

Hello All,

Here is the issue. I noticed during the test drive that the transmission lags on the shift from 3rd to 4th. The tach spikes a bit for a split second when it should have already engaged the 4th gear.

Car has 150K miles on it. After reading numerous posts on this site I decided to start off with the easy stuff. Had the dealer change the oil and the tranny fluid just to get a fresh start. Have driven it maybe ~150 miles since that and the tranny still has the same symptoms.

Guy at the local auto parts store suggested that I add a bottle of Lucas Oil transmission fix. Has anyone tried this and what was your success? Does this work? Will it hurt?

Also, the only other issue I have found with operation is that occasisionally the speedo drops off for several seconds or even for a few miles. Not sure if this is related to the tranny performance or not. Haven't tried to investigate the VSS or Speedo head yet. Any ideas? Are teh two related?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.