General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Need Help! P0-341 Code Camshaft Postion Sensor A Bank 1-2003 Honda Accord

Old 01-30-2015, 07:23 AM

Shops around here would not do that... That shop doesn't know that putting black tape on the light doesn't stop the computer from throwing out the code. Yes they warrenteed the work for a fixed amount of time. They also informed me I had engine damage. Reason being because I drove around with low oil for a while a few times, which also stretched the chain and threw the code. I have a different code now that I'm dealing with... It's the catalyst code, could either be one if two sensors or the catalytic converter. Luckily I have 8 more months until my car needs another inspection sticker.

Your problem is the timing chain is stretched ... Not likely the sensors, which you changed anyway.

Old 02-11-2015, 08:35 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Hi my honda accord 2004, 4 cyl started giving problem. In idle my car is vibrating and getting stopped. RPM is going between 1000-650 in idle. Also, Its vibrating at red signal But when I am in driving then its driving good. Also, its giving starting problem sometimes. Please advice me. My car is having timing chain issue with code present P0341. Is this timing chain issue or some major engine problem? I will be thankful for this help.

Old 02-11-2015, 09:24 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by hipramodbhu
Hi my honda accord 2004, 4 cyl started giving problem. In idle my car is vibrating and getting stopped. RPM is going between 1000-650 in idle. Also, Its vibrating at red signal But when I am in driving then its driving good. Also, its giving starting problem sometimes. Please advice me. My car is having timing chain issue with code present P0341. Is this timing chain issue or some major engine problem? I will be thankful for this help.
See the previous replies to your other thread, which it was stated if there is a P0341, the issue should be taken care of sooner than later, as it will not get better with time. Instead, you may end up with an engine that needs replacement due to bent valve, etc.

https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/for...omplete-60711/

Old 02-11-2015, 10:34 AM
Newest Of Newbies

I went to Honda dealer they said that your car is running fine. As long you do not get sound you can drive your car.if any sound started coming then you can replace timing chain. Its costing me $1500. So, I started saving money but in between this problem started coming.

Old 02-11-2015, 07:27 PM
Super Moderator

You may want to call some other shops and another honda dealership. It sounds like your chain is already stretched and that can cause big problems if it skips time.

Old 02-12-2015, 08:12 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by PAhonda
You may want to call some other shops and another honda dealership. It sounds like your chain is already stretched and that can cause big problems if it skips time.
Thanks for reply. Is my timing chain causing problem to stop/dies engine in idle?

Old 02-12-2015, 07:32 PM
Super Moderator

Begining to sound like you have ignored an issue long enough that more damage has/is being done.

You've had a serious issue for more than a year. You do not check your oil level....you have it changed but never check the level between changes .

For a month now you have been told to have the chain replaced, no action just more questions.

Sorry to say but I'm going to guess that the chain has now "jumped" a tooth or more. So again I'll guess you now have a bent valve or two which is now causing the "new issues".....more $'s.

Re-check the codes and see what if any new ones are there (P030X is my guess).

Again I don't want you to take this the wrong way but many of us have been trying to give advise and it seems to go no where, Not sure how much more we might be able to help.

Good luck.

Old 02-12-2015, 07:34 PM
Super Moderator

A loose timing chain can cause the car to stall. Have a shop verify the tensioner is pushed all the way out. I suggest getting it fixed before a loose timing chain slips off and ruins the upper part of your engine.

Old 02-13-2015, 08:26 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by poorman212
Begining to sound like you have ignored an issue long enough that more damage has/is being done.

You've had a serious issue for more than a year. You do not check your oil level....you have it changed but never check the level between changes .

For a month now you have been told to have the chain replaced, no action just more questions.

Sorry to say but I'm going to guess that the chain has now "jumped" a tooth or more. So again I'll guess you now have a bent valve or two which is now causing the "new issues".....more $'s.

Re-check the codes and see what if any new ones are there (P030X is my guess).

Again I don't want you to take this the wrong way but many of us have been trying to give advise and it seems to go no where, Not sure how much more we might be able to help.

Good luck.
Thanks. I have all ready done diagonestic with Honda dealer and they said $1500 to fix timing chain issue. He said that you can drive and come by next month. Because thsi huge money so I need tos ave soem money. As of now no sound and its running good so you can drive. Thats Why I drivinga nd saving some money to go in next month. So please suggest me do I need to fix this problem or trade this car. Now, I am not driving car its consuming more gas and stopping in driv also.

Old 02-13-2015, 04:40 PM
Super Moderator

If you are not driving the car, then you can wait until you have the money to repair it.

You may want to call some other shops to get a quote on the timing chain repair.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need Help! P0-341 Code Camshaft Postion Sensor A Bank 1-2003 Honda Accord