General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Need Help! P0-341 Code Camshaft Postion Sensor A Bank 1-2003 Honda Accord

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2015, 11:31 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by PAhonda
If you are not driving the car, then you can wait until you have the money to repair it.

You may want to call some other shops to get a quote on the timing chain repair.
Are you sure its timing chain issue? I kept my idle car when I saw this problem.My car not starting now. So, I am going to Tow to honda dealer.

Old 02-17-2015, 11:36 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Honda Dealer diagnoestic my car and said that its only timing chain strectched. Its cost $1200 to fix. I got agreed to fix that problem. Now, He telling car valve vent and need another $1200. I am not sure why he did not tell me when he has done initial diagonestic? I dboubt whether he adding one by one problem and charging from me.

Old 02-17-2015, 12:21 PM

A bent valve, either intake or exhaust typically generates a misfire code which you did not mention. Valve adjustments and quality oil are critical on Hondas with timing chains. I did not see the mileage on your car, but it may be as simple as a chain and valve adjustment. A bent valve will leak during a draw down test and or a compression test, there by if they are adimant that it is a bent valve ask to personally see the test done and see it for yourself. It is common on the CRV's to have cylinder 3 or 4 leak on the exhaust if the valves are not adjusted as they get carbon buildup and eventually ruin the valve seats, but a bent valve??? I would recommend questioning it.

Old 02-17-2015, 05:08 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by Turtlehead
A bent valve, either intake or exhaust typically generates a misfire code which you did not mention. Valve adjustments and quality oil are critical on Hondas with timing chains. I did not see the mileage on your car, but it may be as simple as a chain and valve adjustment. A bent valve will leak during a draw down test and or a compression test, there by if they are adimant that it is a bent valve ask to personally see the test done and see it for yourself. It is common on the CRV's to have cylinder 3 or 4 leak on the exhaust if the valves are not adjusted as they get carbon buildup and eventually ruin the valve seats, but a bent valve??? I would recommend questioning it.
Thanks for reply. My car has 137K mile on it. Before handing over car to them I checked code. I was getting P0341 and P1009. Also, I checked vaccum reading before engine compleltly stop starting. It was showing reading 17"hg in normal start and at 2000rpm 20"hg. I was not driving my car when started giving this problem. Just driven 3-4 mile to reach my home. Just I was starting in bteween. It was just liitle bit vibrating and stopping after sometime.

Old 02-17-2015, 05:23 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by hipramodbhu
Thanks for reply. My car has 137K mile on it. Before handing over car to them I checked code. I was getting P0341 and P1009. Also, I checked vaccum reading before engine compleltly stop starting. It was showing reading 17"hg in normal start and at 2000rpm 20"hg. I was not driving my car when started giving this problem. Just driven 3-4 mile to reach my home. Just I was starting in bteween. It was just liitle bit vibrating and stopping after sometime.

Originally Posted by hipramodbhu
Acutally, one year back when check engine light came then one of Mufler shop guy replaced O2 sensor and Cam sensor and he gave old one as he menitioned that. But when I came to NY and Inspection was not passed becau check ehine light on. After diagonestic, I came to know that Guy did replaced any sensor just he put black tape to cover check engine light on. I was keep driving in check engine light on and my car is running in good condition without any problem. I have chaged O2 sesnor Bank 1 sensor#2 and Cam sensor Bank 1 but still getting code P0341as soon as I start engine. After driving 100 miles its still shoing P0341 code and Oxygen monitor, catalyst Monitor and EGR monitor are incomplete. The copde P0341 is showing as CAM Position Sensor A ckt RNG/Perform BNK1. Please advice me how can make ready these three monitors.
Sounds like you had P0341 existing for a long time. As Poorman212 already stated, beginning to sound like you have ignored an issue long enough that more damage has/is being done.

Last edited by poorman212; 02-18-2015 at 08:00 PM. Reason: 212 not 202 -Fixed it :)
Old 02-18-2015, 09:22 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Is there any code comes for vent valve? Why Honda dealer did not tell me bent valve problem when I asked him initial diagnostics? He said that just its timing change replacement and might be one crank sensor. I asked him that whether valve got bent? He said that no. After timing chain replacement he said that valve is bent? Why he said later on valve bent? Whether he screwed up valve. How can I trust him he can not say that later on piston/engine got damaged? There are bent valve in two cylinders. Its costing me $2700 approx. If I repaired then whether it will fixed the problem or not? Shall I complain against them to Honda customer service?

Old 02-20-2015, 07:20 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by redbull-1
Sounds like you had P0341 existing for a long time. As Poorman212 already stated, beginning to sound like you have ignored an issue long enough that more damage has/is being done.
Sorry for how this is going to sound/read.

This is on you. You have nothing to go back to the current shop and say they have/had any issues.

Your call on what to do with the car from here.

Last, if you've learned anything I hope that it is to check the oil level in your car on a regular time frame. I asked when the last time YOU checked the oil and you only answer as to when or how often you had it changed.

THE number one reason timing chains streatch on these cars is because of low oil levels.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do and your future/

Old 02-20-2015, 08:23 PM
Super Moderator

I have to agree with Poorman212 on this.

We all warned repeatedly about P0341 being caused by timing chain stretch and getting the issue fixed before damage resulted.

PAhonda even suggested you call some other shops to get quotes for timing chain repairs.

Old 02-26-2015, 08:54 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Honda dealer repaired my car. After fixing timing chain and valve. Just after one day, my car is not starting again. Now, They are saying that its starter motor problem. I am very much surprise that First time they said Timing chain and then valve problem. After that now starter motor problem. Could any body help me on this?

Old 02-26-2015, 09:56 AM
Super Moderator

The timing chain issue caused the bent valve(s). They would have not known the valve was bent until they could get the timing back in correct order. So don't blame the shop for the bent valve(s)....that was caused by not taking care of the timing chain when it should have been.

Is the starter spinning the engine or when you try to start it the starter does nothing.

Quick Reply: Need Help! P0-341 Code Camshaft Postion Sensor A Bank 1-2003 Honda Accord