General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need tips; blower motor 92 Accord replacement

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 06:23 PM
Default Need tips; blower motor 92 Accord replacement

Have anyone done a Air Conditioner/ Heater blower motor in a 92 accord? Mine is a 1992 4 doors EX with A/C automatic. If you have step by step instructions I would be very happy.

Old 07-10-2007, 07:45 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan
Default RE: Need tips; blower motor 92 Accord replacement

I would suggest downloading the 91 Accord manual from http://www.hondahookup.com/manuals/. This manual should be same as 92 manual and has instructions for removal of blower module.

I've done this once on a 90 Accord, which I think is also same as 92 and there are a couple of problem steps.

First is manual says to pull carpet back remove the Control Module(CM). It's a royal PIA to release the main electrical connectors on the center tunnel side. I rolled the CM to vertical and laid against tunnel which allowed enough room to remove the blower module.

Second is the blower module will not come staight out as the pictures imply. If my memory serves I had to roll the module top towardsfront of carby 90 degrees before removing. It's even more important on reinstallation to use this procedure.

Manual will show where fasteners are and I believe I had to use a flex-extension on a ratchet screwdriver to access some of the bolts and nuts.

A new blower from Honda is over $200 last I checked. Check ebay and other parts houses for aftermarket for a new aftermarket, if available. I had a rebuilt blower (Beck-Arnley) that lasted < 1yr and had to do the job again. I bought a used blower second time around and it was still running when I sold the car several years later. Check car-part.com for a used part, however all of these have quite a few miles/hours of use on them.

good luck

Old 07-29-2007, 04:09 PM
Frankkc3
Unregistered

Hi,

I am dealing with the same repair on a 1993 Accord LX and have run into a problem removing the fans from the blower motor. Would appreciate any advice. I removed the retaining clips, but the fans are stuck on the motor shaft. I have pried a bit on the ends of the fans (around the slots that may serve a backup clip function) but nomovement. Ideas?

Thanks a lot for any advice you can provide.

Frank C

Old 07-29-2007, 07:38 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

90-93 accords same set up.. you can buy a motor at auto zone it is a lot cheaper than honda's motor and they seem to hold up ok,

as to remove the blower assembly out of the car,, i find it a lot easier to remove the a/c evaporator , this will give you more room than you need but we are equipped with an a/c machine to evacuate and recharge the a/c system ...
I do not know if it is possible for you ( money wise ) to have a shop evac and recharge the a/c system and what they would charge you .. or if you have access to an a/c recycling unit ..
I am sure some other member will come around with other ideas ..
but in any event , you need to remove the glove box, the metal strip that the glove box bolts on, the connectors to the blower motor ,the strip between blower motor and a/c evap, there are 3 10mm bolts that hold the blower motor on,

Old 07-29-2007, 08:33 PM
Super Moderator

hey Frank, spray away with some WD-40, then support the cage on a couple boards as well as possible, next use a center punch to drive the shaft out of the fan cage.