General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

New Member with Honda Accord Towbar Query ?

Old 07-12-2009, 02:58 AM
Guis7
Unregistered
Angry New Member with Honda Accord Towbar Query ?

Hi Members,

I have just purchased a Honda Accord 2004 2.2 CDTI Excutive ( UK Model ) after many frustrated years of being a Sad Ford owner with more visits to garages than i've had hot dinners , first name terms with mechanics , and tow ropes being part of the tool kit in the boot.
Breakdown recovery number in my favourites in my mobile phone .......the list goes on.

Not that i'm bitter !!!!!!

What a breath of fresh air with my Honda................ Sanity now restored !!!!!!!!

Wonder if anyone can help with my question.

I am wanting to fit a towbar to my Honda, and every towbar company that i have spoken with tell me that it will involve cutting into the bumper and also the black trim underneath ?

Are there any towbars that don't involve hacking into the bumper ,perhaps someone can sent me photos of their accord with a towbar on.

Also are there any workshop manuals available for the UK honda Accord ???

Any advice would be a great help

Cheers

Steve (U.K)

Old 07-12-2009, 04:25 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Every Accord, or any car for that matter, I've seen with a tow bar (for towing behind a motor home?) has the two bars sticking through the bumper.

You might get lucky and find a shop manual in the DIY section on here... if not you can try searching for a Helm Inc. service manual.

Old 07-13-2009, 07:53 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome! Clear up some terminology for us, translate from UK to USA...

What's a Tow Bar? Here in USA it's for towing the car behind a motor-home. I suspect in the UK that means the hitch for towing a trailer behind the Accord???

I don't know about repair manuals in UK, but just for information, your 2004 Accord is the same basic car as the USA Acura TSX. Maybe that'll help you find on-line manuals? But it won't cover the diesel engine. We don't get that engine at all in any USA cars in 2004.