General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New member wants some help

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 10:03 AM
Default New member wants some help

Hi Guys,
New member here, looked around this site and thought that the members on this site are very helpful and knowledgeable.
I have 93 accord 10th anniversary edition. My issue is with the turning signal/stick. It started happening this morning when I was getting ready to go to work. When I started my car, there was constantly clicking sound coming from the turning stick, it will not stop. When I turned the left turning signal, it worked but when it went back to neutral, the light on the dashboard was still blinking. I parked the car somewhere, got out and found that the light on the front and the back was also blinking. It does not happen for the right blinker. I some how got the lights to stop blinking but the clicking sound still continued. I am not sure what could be the problem. I don't know much about cars but I sure don't want to spend a lot of money on it and if I can fix it myself, I would like to do it so that I can save some money and maybe learn something.

I hope I gave enough information and if you guys want me to do some more troubleshooting, please let me know what and where to start.

Thanks in advance.

Old 01-03-2012, 12:16 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

Welcome to HAF. I moved your post for better response.

Most likely the turn signal stem mechanicals are damaged. This can be repaired by replacing w/ used or new unit ($$). Check ebay and car-part.com for a used unit.

DIY is possible and not terribly difficult if you're reasonably handy w/ tools. Otherwise, get some professional help.

good luck

Old 01-03-2012, 03:00 PM

Thank you. I saw a video showing how to replace the turn signal stem and I think I can handle that by myself. I will order it, replace it and let you guys know how it went.