General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Oil Change

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 06:22 PM
headpeace
Unregistered
Default Oil Change

Ok guys don't kill me for this. My wife has the Accord, so where is the oil filter? I would like to start changing her oil myself because thats how I've always maintained my own car (Nissan Pathfinder), sorry for the stupid Q but I don't have any experience with accords. Oh yeah, its a 98 SE. Thanks

Old 04-13-2007, 06:33 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Oil Change

ur DIY section .. the answers you seek are all there

Old 04-13-2007, 06:35 PM

It's kind of high up there, the oil filter. Can't see it without jacking the car up.

Old 04-13-2007, 07:56 PM
headpeace
Unregistered

looked in DIY but don't have 2 hours to search, should be an easy answer for someone?

Old 04-13-2007, 08:00 PM

Its between the engine and fire wall. Jack the car up use a jack stand crawl under an take a look I just use some of these blue rubber gloves you can buy now that grip real good, wipe it off and grab it and twist it off.

Old 04-14-2007, 01:12 AM

Its somewhere thats way more of a PITA than its worth. Ive always changed my own oil as well but finally admit to being whooped.

Take it to your Honda dealer. Mine is $22 for an oil change and car wash.

Old 04-14-2007, 06:09 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: headpeace

looked in DIY but don't have 2 hours to search, should be an easy answer for someone?
2 hrs eh>>??? WOW..it is not like you are trying to find a passage in the BIBLE for GOD'S sake ,, ,, it takes less than 30 seconds.. go to the DIY section, scroll down , it is on the second page oil and filter change ,,
the DIY section is there for a reason, so we do not have to spoon feed everybody , and it is not the matter wether it is an easy question for someone to reply , but this gives you a chance to get more familiar with the DIY section should you have more questions in the future which the answers and instructions might be already there .
I am not trying NOT to be helpful ,, merely to let our members know all the info that is available , if they are willing to take a few minutes and search

Another way is to use the search feature locatred at the top ,, at the left side ( search term ) input oil change on the right side ( search in forum ) scroll down to ( do-it yourself section ) , click the ok button and voila'a it will bring you right there ,, mmmm 10-15 seconds tops

Old 04-14-2007, 10:58 AM
headpeace
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: deserthonda

ORIGINAL: headpeace

2 hrs eh>>??? WOW..it is not like you are trying to find a passage in the BIBLE for GOD'S sake ,, ,, it takes less than 30 seconds.. go to the DIY section, scroll down , it is on the second page oil and filter change ,,
the DIY section is there for a reason, so we do not have to spoon feed everybody , and it is not the matter wether it is an easy question for someone to reply , but this gives you a chance to get more familiar with the DIY section should you have more questions in the future which the answers and instructions might be already there .
I am not trying NOT to be helpful ,, merely to let our members know all the info that is available , if they are willing to take a few minutes and search

Another way is to use the search feature locatred at the top ,, at the left side ( search term ) input oil change on the right side ( search in forum ) scroll down to ( do-it yourself section ) , click the ok button and voila'a it will bring you right there ,, mmmm 10-15 seconds tops
haha, point taken, I will try to be more diligent in the future, thanks for the replies