General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

That one thingy that pumps the windshield fluid...

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 04:50 PM
Default That one thingy that pumps the windshield fluid...

Hey guys,

I have a bit of a problem. I have a 1991 Honda Accord (which is why I am on this forum).

I thought it would be a small thing, but I guess not. The cable that carries the windshield fluid from the container to the little thing that shoots it out onto the windsheld is broken. Normally, this wouldn't be a problem, but with Michigan weather, it tends to get dirty. Does anybody know where I can get it? I'll try to upload a picture soon to show you guys what I mean.

Also, does anybody know about how much it is for a new master switch for automatic windows? My driver's side window would not go up, and I accidentally broke it trying to get it up. When I took it to get replaced, they broke the switch so now non of my windows go up or down.

Thanks

PS: Also, does anyone know what could be wrong when this happens: Run my car, when I put it in park so I can turn it off, the light on the dashboard that should light the P up does not and I cannot take the key out. I have to wait for the light to turn on so I can shut off my car. I sometimes jiggle my shifter for the light to turn on. It usually happens when its cold, so my dad says that something freezes in there for the light to not turn on.

Last edited by kellysa111; 01-27-2012 at 04:53 PM.
Old 01-27-2012, 05:18 PM
Super Moderator

If you want to save some money, try a salvage yard or ebay for the parts.

The washer nozzle at the dealership list for $25.95, ordering through an internet Honda dealer would be around $19 plus shipping. There are different paint colors.

Tas Auto has it in black for $6 each plus shipping.

"http://www.tasauto.com/Product/Detail.aspx?s=2876808&d=1637&p=1"

The window switch is expensive, over $100; so, try a salvage yard or ebay for that part.

Old 01-27-2012, 05:22 PM
Super Moderator

Us the nozzle broken, or the rubber hose?

I agree on the window switch from a junkyard.

It sounds like your gear position switch is messed up. It may need to be adjusted. You may be able to take it apart and clean the contacts inside. If you decide to replace, you might want to pick this up at the junkyard too.

Ebay is another decent source for used parts too.

Old 01-27-2012, 06:56 PM

The hose. The part that is attached to the hood.

I'll see where I can find all this. I know that there are a couple of junk yards that only sell to mechanics. -.- So I guess this means asking my mechanic for a bit of help. lol

Old 01-28-2012, 08:14 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by kellysa111
The hose. The part that is attached to the hood.
You can try to "splice" the old hose together. Find a piece of hose that the old hose fits inside of....

Old 02-09-2012, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by poorman212
You can try to "splice" the old hose together. Find a piece of hose that the old hose fits inside of....
My old mechanic tried that and it slipped off. lol Maybe he did it wrong, like he got the part about my transmission going out when it was just the distributor.

And the hose is broke in two parts, which means I wonder why it didn't just fall off. lol I will try to defenitely post a picture so that I can show you guys what I mean.

Now i just have to convince my dad to let me use his truck while my car is at the shop.