General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passenger side door won't open from inside and seat belt issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 10:30 PM
Default Passenger side door won't open from inside and seat belt issue

So, I bought a used 06 honda accord coupe from what I thought was a reputable dealer around the area. Well, years later I have been running into some odd issues. It all started with the passenger side door not opening from the inside. I've been avoiding it for a while, but everytime the woman would get agitated having to open the window all the way to reach over and unlock it from the outside to get herself out. So that was in the back burner for a while, until the seat belt wouldn't release, the matter what I did it wouldn't budge. I finally decided to pay the $100 diagnostic fee at honda dealership for them to check both things out... they asked me have you had any body work done, where did you buy this car from, blah blah blah...i'm like what the heck? Then they tell me that it looks like car may have been in a collission and they had body work done on the right side of the car, so everything on that side is all messed up. I felt like **** after I heard all that. So they gave me the price...
Seatbelt tensioner $450.00 and right front inner handle $250.00 ..and they might give me a 10% off discount.

Would anyone know if I can get this same stuff done legit somewhere else without that much or is this the normal rates for something like this?

Old 08-17-2014, 11:01 PM
Super Moderator

The seatbelt would normally probably be covered under a limited warranty had the dealer not determined that there may have been a collision which could have caused it.

The seat belt tensioner is about $200 for the part.

The inner handle if it is bad is like $40 in parts; if it is the inner handle cable, about $7 for the cable. If the latch is bad, about $60 in part.

Any independent shop should be able to replace those.