General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Planning on filing a Lemon Law Compaint Form - Texas

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 05:55 PM
Default Planning on filing a Lemon Law Compaint Form - Texas

I am planning on filing a complain form in Texas to have my 2008 Honda Accord repurchased because of the headlight dimming design flaw.

I've read that at least two other people successfully won arbitration and had their 2008 Accords repurchased in Georgia.

If you have any official letters, statements or documents from Honda concerning that the headlight dimming is normal please send me a copy so I can include it with my complaint form.

Regards,

Robert
sissonsengineer@yahoo.com

Old 09-04-2011, 06:01 PM

My letter that will accompany the Texas Lemon Law Complaint form:

Dear Sirs:
I am submitting the Texas Lemon Law complaint form on a 2008 Honda Accord LX.
The issue that causes me to request a repurchase by Honda is a design flaw that Honda acknowledges is a way to improve gas mileage. I believe even though I bought the car used after the manufacturer’s warranty expired that I still meet the requirements under the Texas Lemon law because by Honda’s own admission the consistent dimming of the headlights started when the car was brand new.
The specific issue is the headlights fluctuate in brightness significantly while the vehicle is stopped or in motion. The reason I believe this is dangerous is that the dimming is significant to the point that it 1) decrease night vision and 2) can be construed by other motorists as a hostile or aggressive act since the dimming occurs every 20 to 30 seconds.
The defect was recognized by the state of Georgia by forcing Honda to repurchase three 2008 Honda Accords since 2009 after arbitration.
I never would have purchased this vehicle had I know or was made aware of the consistent dimming of the headlights. I’ve attached the following documents to illustrate why repurchase is the only option available to me:
1) Honda official statement stating the dimming of the headlight is normal characteristic and therefore would have been present during original factory warranty of the vehicle. (ATTACHMENT A)
2) Certified letter to Honda asking them to verify that this behavior of the car is normal (ATTACHMENT B)
3) Youtube video that demonstrates the significance of the headlight dimming.
4) Complaints from other 2008 Honda Accord owners complaining of headlights dimming and Hondas admission that it is normal.

Old 09-04-2011, 06:08 PM

From the Texas DMV site:
Used Vehicles
Your used vehicle may be covered under the Lemon Law. The Law may cover your vehicle if your used vehicle is still covered by the manufacturer's original warranty (not an extended service contract), or if the problem started while under warranty and it continues to exist, repair assistance of the warranty-related problem may be available to you.