General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Possible Lemon?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 10:35 AM
Default Possible Lemon?

Hi! I am new to the HAF but not new to Honda or Accord.. I am on my third Honda Accord and also have a Honda Civic.. In July, my husband and I bought a 2012 Honda Accord Special Edition..with 4 miles on it.. About 3 weeks ago, at 5800 miles, the car died, while driving on the highway, with no warning.. My husband got it to start back up but it was running VERY ROUGH.. While driving, the car would stall if it needed extra gas to make it up a hill.. And the engine sounded like a sewing machine.. All this time- the check engine light was NOT on.. It came on as my husband made it into the driveway of our house.. We called Honda Roadside Assistance the next day as well as the dealership we bought it from.. They both deferred us to a closer dealership and the car was taken there, where they replaced 2 catalytic converters.. We got the car back on September 27th.. It seemed to be driving fine.. Then on October 9, less than 2 weeks after having it fixed, it died AGAIN on a local highway.. It was fine an all of a sudden, it started shaking and then stopped.. It wouldnt start up either.. We called HRA again and it was towed to the Honda dealership AGAIN.. This time, they had it 2 days..

We called Hondas customer service line and got a case manager.. October 11, my husband picked the car up.. The dealership felt that they had fixed the problem and replaced the computer module.. My husband drove across the street to pick up son, who was returning the rental car and the car, ONCE AGAIN DIED in the parking lot of the rental lot!! He finally got it to restart and got it to the dealership across the road and told them he didnt feel safe driving this car anymore and to fix it.. Yesterday, October 13, the mechanic called and told my husband that they THINK they have it fixed but he wants to drive it home and around town to make sure it is ok.. They said it was a fuel line issue..

Now, please keep in mind, this car is a 2012, has 6000 miles on it, and had broken down 3 times, has had 2 catalytic converters replaced, a computer module replaced and now the fuel line is being replaced.. I could understand if this was an older car with high miles..but it is NOT.. The case manager at Honda, of course, doesnt want to even admit this car is faulty.. They just keep thanking us for allowing them to fix it.. I honestly do not feel safe in this car.. What recourse do I have with this issue? I have NEVER had any issue with ANY Honda I have ever had in the past.. I am very disappointed in how this is going.. Any advice?

Michelle
2012 Honda Accord Special Edition 4 cylinder

Old 10-14-2012, 11:02 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

What recourse do I have with this issue?
Lemon laws are state level. I didn't see a location in your post or sig:

"http://www.bbb.org/us/auto-line/state-lemon-law/"

Old 10-14-2012, 11:26 AM

Crap!!! I forgot to add that in my signature line!! We are from Helena, Alabama..

Old 10-14-2012, 07:21 PM

Michelle,

I wish I had some advice for you, but just wanted to say i totally understand how discouraging this must be. I too am a huge Honda fan, but not so much on their customer service...just the cars.

Perhaps you could share your story with a tweet, and the issue would have more visability....maybe then Honda will decide to make this right.

In my opinion,they should give you a left-over 2012 (new car) and fix the problem child car on THER time...not yours

Good Luck. Keep the forum posted so we know how you make out.

Old 10-14-2012, 09:23 PM

How do I tweet this? I am extremely new to te whole Twitter world!!