General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

+++PLEASE HELP!!!+++97 Accord won't start after valve ring replacement

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 11:36 PM
Default +++PLEASE HELP!!!+++97 Accord won't start after valve ring replacement

I'm starting to work on my honda myself and learning how to start my car again now :/ My check engine light showed a cylinder 2 misfire. I pulled the #2 spark plug wire and saw lots of oil on it. Hose off, PCV Valve off, ground wire off, valve cover off. I took the rocker arm assembly off and replace the o rings underneath that were super brittle. I cleaned the spark plug tube cylinders (spark plugs removed) with brake parts cleaner and excess oil off spark plugs with dry rag. After letting dry, I rebolt the assembly on top, NOT touching or moving the camshaft or valve springs AND made sure rocker arms were center on top touching. tighten down bolts from inside to outs, 4 10mm's above the valves and two on the side next to distributor. Top distributor bolt back on. i put the Valve cover on. Hose on, PCV valve on, Groundwire on, made sure spark plug wires led to the correct cylinder. 4 bolts ontop of cover. Go to start my car and it won't start but the engine is trying to turn. :thumb down: I have spark and i removed the spark plugs and could smell gas. Im not sure what the problem is. Any help would be appreciated.Thank you!

Old 04-18-2014, 09:33 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Check the valve clearances.