General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

please help!! i am having brake, clutch, powersteering, and starting problems>> 94 accord lx f-22b2

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 02:51 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: please help!! i am having brake, clutch, powersteering, and starting problems>> 94 accord lx f-2

Code 3 and code 10 is correct imho... Code 13 would have been 1 long flash followed closely by 3 short flashes. The 5-second pause is too long, and it's happening in the wrong order for code 13.

Is it possible for the wiring plugs for the IAT & MAP sensors to be interchanged?

I don't know about the ABS lamp. I don't have that'95 car anymore,& I'mtrying to remember the ABS. If the ECU has no errors the CEL stays on solid. But I don't think the ABS light behaves the same way. With no errors the ABS lamp doesn't come on at all with the SCS jumpered?

Old 03-22-2007, 06:22 PM
Default RE: please help!! i am having brake, clutch, powersteering, and starting problems>> 94 accord lx f-2

this is a new car for me , do you know where the map and ita sensors are located exactly. I know the general area but I am not sure what they look like exactly. let me know thanx.

Old 04-13-2007, 03:08 PM

sorry it has been a while since my last reply, I got most of the problems fixed. The power steering worked by putting the honda ps fluid in and turning wheel from side to side.

The clutch was bad so I put a new ACT stage 1 in and broke it in .. It works great.

The starting problem was the IAT sensor on the back of the Intake manifold. The sensor was broke in the motor swap process . once I replaced it it fired right up.

The brake problem was that the system just needed to be blead. it has worked great ever since.

I am still shoing an abs code, it is 7-2 which is the F/L solonoid on the modulater, I have not yet fixed this yet. Also I am still throwing a MAP sensor code on my CEL and I have tried replacing the sensor 3 times now and I still can't get the CEL to shut off. Even after I reset the ECU it will come right back on once i turn the car on and after all the test lights shut off??????? I have checked to make sure the right plug and wire colors are plugged in to it. I don't know why I can't get this code to go away. Any suggestions would be greatly appericated.

Old 04-13-2007, 05:15 PM
Super Moderator

For the MAP sensor:

My shop manual says to unplug the sensor and measure voltage between yellow/white and green/white terminal (~5V) with ignition switch on. Then measure voltage between white/yellow and green/white (also ~5V).

If these are out of spec then I'll go through the rest of the flow chart, because its kind of long.

As for the ABS:

For starters: Check ABS B1 Fuse (20A) in ABS fuse/relay box. The next step would be to test the relays. I copied a pic for the relay test below. The flow chart for this is enormous, so let us know what you find.

[IMG]local://upfiles/5767/AFC12C77C45D4B50859DD9C009D88EC2.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/5767/974D7542ACA44522BF4C163DCBF0FF26.gif[/IMG]