General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

radio issues!!! HELP PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 08:28 PM
Exclamation radio issues!!! HELP PLEASE

Hey there !
I am trying to replace the head unit in my 2002 accord. I tried to access the screws that are at the bottom of the radio which are in a tough spot. I was successful in getting one of the screws out, but the other one at the bottom of the radio is stuck in there. The head is not stripped, but I think that the threads of the screw are. HOW DO I GET THIS OUT WITHOUT BREAKING ANYTHING??
I was thinking about trying to take the center console apart including the stick shift and surrounding plastic. The plastic pocket directly under the stock radio is very hard to access...im afraid to break something. The console is in the way ...I cannot for the life of me get a drill in there to try and drill the head of the screw off.. Very bad angle.
Can anyone please give me some advice? I want to hook up a sub or two so I can have some bump in my trunk!!!

THANKS!!

Old 02-18-2010, 12:57 AM

Did you get the air control, and the clock dash all out?.. if you did pop that sucker out and it should expose the radio correct?.. and there should be 4 bolts/ screws holding it up.. they aren't just Philip screws either.. if you grab a 8mm socket and turn it, it should just pop right off too.. they are bother screw/bolts ... i don't think you need to take the shifter boot off or any of those pieces.. The bottom panel that your talking about just pops off there aren't any screw but actually clips.. just be-careful.. do a quick pop with a flat head and prie it off slowly... hope that helps..