General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Random misfire at idle 96 accord ex

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 11:48 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Thanks for the help so far guys. I am thinking there may be some wiring issues. After I first got my car 6 mos ago I periodically kept hearing this whining sound coming from under the driver side dash, same sound the window motor makes when you try and close the window with it already all the way up. With that, the power window switch was having trouble making contact for me to roll the front driver window up/down, so I replaced the switch... I have not heard the sound since replacing the switch but I did just start another thread after more checking on this misfire issue. I found the fuse for the FR-L window is blown and the window still works. The plot thickens...

Old 12-09-2012, 08:49 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Looked under dash. Evedentally there is a factory installed security system. I should have keyless entry. Bonus for me. Still can't explain how my window works with fuse blown though.

Old 12-10-2012, 05:43 AM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

Download the 94-97 Accord shop manual from Online Manuals post in DIY forum. Probably a frozen relay or on a different circuit.

good luck

Old 12-12-2012, 07:57 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Just an update. I am waiting for my keyless entry remote, a new o2 sensor and coil. My issue does not appear to be an o2 sensor though, I unpluged it and managed to swap the o2 sensor from my 95 lx accord and figured out that while in the human world 2 males can mate...yuk...in car world they can't. But with the o2 unpluged it still was having a miss. My coil should be here in a few days so I will post more later.

Old 01-01-2013, 07:50 AM
Newest Of Newbies

So what happens when you assume?
The guy I got this car from 6 months ago said spark plug wires were new (8mm accel). I had about given up and decided to swap spark plug wires with my 95 accord to see how it does and its been a day with still no missfire. Thanks for your help guys! Glad this problem is solved, now on to the next...
BTW, I did get coil and new O2 sensor installed, that didn't help. But I do have some more new parts now.

Old 08-16-2017, 10:39 AM
Default Update

Originally Posted by linden
So what happens when you assume?
The guy I got this car from 6 months ago said spark plug wires were new (8mm accel). I had about given up and decided to swap spark plug wires with my 95 accord to see how it does and its been a day with still no missfire. Thanks for your help guys! Glad this problem is solved, now on to the next...
BTW, I did get coil and new O2 sensor installed, that didn't help. But I do have some more new parts now.
Did that prove to be a permanent fix?