General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

is re-wiring of sensor 1 safe?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 07:36 AM
salipoh2
Unregistered
Default is re-wiring of sensor 1 safe?

Hello Moderators!.. I just want to ask if re-wiring of sensor 1 is safe. Am the one who was a problem with 99 accord eng light on. after replacing the up and down sensors by the shop(on base), it was fpund out by the honda dealer that sensor1 is still defective. so I went back to the shop and they finally found out that the sensor 1 wirings was not properly placed, so they did the re-wiring and put it again and the engine light came off quickly.

But after a day I picked up the car, I drove the car good so I'm okei going to post office. but when I started the car again to do my next errands, the gas starts to hesitate as I pump it. so i bring it back to hubby shop that day and they can't find nothing. they suspected that maybe there's moist on the gas since it was'nt been driven for a month.

I went home, and i tried to start it again, feels like the gas pedal is hard to push again and hesitating still and hear the noise on the break.. Did these thing has something to do after replacing the sensor?.

I hope i can received a response. Thanks.

Hopelessly w8ing,

salipoh2

Old 12-21-2008, 03:41 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: is re-wiring of sensor 1 safe?

Your profile says Germany, so this is not the same car as a USA Accord. Still, lots of things are the same. But we need some more information about specifically what was done.

ORIGINAL: salipoh2

Hello Moderators!.. I just want to ask if re-wiring of sensor 1 is safe. Am the one who was a problem with 99 accord eng light on. after replacing the up and down sensors by the shop(on base), it was fpund out by the honda dealer that sensor1 is still defective. so I went back to the shop and they finally found out that the sensor 1 wirings was not properly placed, so they did the re-wiring and put it again and the engine light came off quickly.
Sothe shop on basesaid the wiring was bad?
Did the Honda dealer not recognize this?
What EXACTLY was supposed to be wired wrong?
How did they know? (Honda wiring drawings? from where?)
What EXACTLY was changed?

But after a day I picked up the car, I drove the car good so I'm okei going to post office. but when I started the car again to do my next errands, the gas starts to hesitate as I pump it. so i bring it back to hubby shop that day and they can't find nothing. they suspected that maybe there's moist on the gas since it was'nt been driven for a month.
Water in the fuel is possible, you can put fuel-dry product into gas tank. Usually its ethanol or methanol.

I went home, and i tried to start it again, feels like the gas pedal is hard to push again and hesitating still and hear the noise on the break.. Did these thing has something to do after replacing the sensor?.
Does the gas pedal itself take more force from your foot? That would not be related to re-wiring the sensor.

Hesitating & stuttering can be the moisture in fuel, or might be from re-wiring the sensor. Hard to say until we know exactly what was changed.

I hope i can received a response. Thanks.

Hopelessly w8ing,

salipoh2
Wemay need help from someone more familiar with wiring of European-spec Accords. I can try to guess what is the same, but not absolutely certain.