General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rotting rear wheel arches on 89' Accord

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 10:11 AM
Default Rotting rear wheel arches on 89' Accord

My Accord project/daily driver is coming along well. After addressing most of the mechanical issues (except for that leaking gas smell) I am moving onto trying to clean-up the exterior. The 1st owner had the forethought to have the car undercoated so the only rust on the car is on the rear wheel arches. One side has a 2" hole and the other has much of the edge rotting away in multiple spots. I have never done any body work and honestly just don't have much time to dedicate to it (plus I really don"t want to have to paint it or try to match the faded lime green color). I was thinking of maybe just buying some bolt on fender skirts and calling it a day, but all I can find is polished stainless steel (a look I totally hate, I am trying to distract attention from my rusty fenders, not attract it. Plus, they are kind of spendy). Anyone ever come across some nice matte black plastic ones? Any other low energy/low $$$ suggestions?

Old 08-24-2009, 09:50 AM

I can't be the only one with this problem. Or is there just no simple fix?

Old 08-27-2009, 11:40 AM
Super Moderator

No, its a real common problem. I've never seen anything that covers it up, without looking ugly. Patch & paint might be the best way to go.