General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RPM racing/increasing during shifting...HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 03:23 AM
Unhappy RPM racing/increasing during shifting...HELP!

I just recently purchased the car on July 13th 2012. For the first week the car was ok, then it began shifting irregular. As the car shifts, the rpm's race for 1-2 seconds, increasing about 10 rpms, then the car shifts into the next gear dropping the rpms to normal. This occurs randomly, it DOESNOT occur at every gear shift, nor does it occur every time I drive it. Some days it never happens, and others it occurs many times. I had my mechanic do a trans service, and the fluid was clear of metal shavings, and was the normal color (no browning/burnt clutch ware indications). He put in a lubracant, to help the rubber seals expand, since the car may have sat dormat for sometime. It may have helped some, but definately not enough. This is what leads me to think the problem isn't the transmission, but then what could it be? I have many possibilities running in my mind, but I will appreciate all the 3rd party HELP/opinions/solutions, you all can give. If anyone has experienced these same symptoms, and has an actual diagnosis, I will Love you forever! Sincerely, Stumped Lovemyhondas girl, Ellen

Old 08-31-2012, 05:20 PM

welcome to HAF

first off, trans service, did you mean by draining fluids and refilling them? or did your mechanic just checked the fluid and added the lubricant? i believe for our honda a/t trans they are very delicate, adding the lubricate is not that good of an idea. try drain and refill 3 times and only use honda atf see whats happens after.

goodluck