General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Spark Plug Stuck

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 08:24 PM
Rizzie
Unregistered
Default Spark Plug Stuck

Whats good peoples, I got a 94 accord ex and in the 3rd chamber the damn spark plug is stuck. i twisted it as hard as i could without snapping it but if i go any harder on it its gonna snap. is there some other way to ease it up or somethin?? thanks

Old 05-28-2006, 12:58 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Spark Plug Stuck

ORIGINAL: Rizzie

Whats good peoples, I got a 94 accord ex and in the 3rd chamber the damn spark plug is stuck. i twisted it as hard as i could without snapping it but if i go any harder on it its gonna snap. is there some other way to ease it up or somethin?? thanks

DO NOT and i repeat DO NOT force the plug out,,, whomever installed it problaby cross theraded it..........
here is what you do,, spray some wd-40 in the hole, let it soak for a bit,, get a plug socket and a 3/8 small breaker bar, you need to go back and forth little by little ,, you have to be patient , cause if you brake the plug , you might have to remove the head to fix it.. Anyho, after going both way , go about 1/4 turn out ,, so little by little it will come out,,
I am sure the threads in the head ars gone, so you need to retap the plug hole ..after you retap it there is going to be some metal filings , you cannot get a magnet cause it is aluminum so get a small round object, put grease at the end of it and go in the plug hole to pick up as much metal filing as possible, Now if the threads are totally gone , installing a heli coil might be needed to make sure you can reinstall the plug in there properly

If you do not have a clue of what i am talking about it is best to take it to a shop ..