General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

starting problem?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 06:24 PM
Default starting problem?

I've been lurking on the forums since I bought my Accord, sorry my first post is about a problem I have.

Ok. I just got a new battery last week.

This week when I stopped somewhere and turned my car off, I went to start it again and nothing happened. The battery acted like it was completely drained. No window or stereo action and the clock had been reset.

I figured it had 'discharged' due to the heat. I hooked up my jump pack (not a charger) and tried to start it up and it worked. I had it running for about an hour which should have been plenty of time to charge it. When I got home I tried to turn it off and start it and nothing happened.

I took it to Advance Auto and had them test the battery and alternator. Both checked out fine. When I jump the car with the jump pack, it shows that the alternate is charging the jump pack.

The only thing that corresponds is the day before this happened the 'Maint Req'd' light came on and I'm about to hit 100k miles.

Any suggestions on where to start next?

Old 09-13-2005, 06:57 PM
Administrator
Default RE: starting problem?

Hello New Member...Welcome to the forums ...

I suggest you find yourself a good dead short mechanic and pay him his $50.00 to $75.00 per hour he is going to charge you, this is what it sounds like to me..a dead short draing off your battery power..

Good Luck...
WheelBrokerAng[sm=americanasmiley.gif]