General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

sun roof drains 98 accord ex

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 07:27 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Cool sun roof drains 98 accord ex

The carpet on the driver side kept getting soaked, finally found a disconnected drain tube,behind carpet and padding and trim panel.. reconnected it, also noted same problem on passenger side, now guess I didn't notice it before.. I guess it also has a drain tube? I could not reach it on my first and second attempts, but the carpet is soaked again. Anyone know if I will need to remove a lot to get to it? I did the drivers side last week,or so, it took awhile to get to it, was hoping passenger side was simpler, looks like..not! any tips? thanks!

Old 06-29-2013, 08:40 AM
Super Moderator

Here is what someone else did to get to it: Water leak on passenger side due to sunroof - Honda-Tech

Old 06-30-2013, 12:18 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Thanks for the lead to that post. I checked over the pics closely., and am trying the same maneuver.I haven't found mine yet. I have the carpet peeled up to dry. I soaked up a lot ofwater from the foam/sponge backing on those rubberized floor and side pads..It rained here today, that didn't help. back at it tomorrow!

Old 06-30-2013, 12:46 AM
Administrator

Let us know if that fixed the problem for you here in your posts..

WheelBrokerAng

Old 06-30-2013, 11:07 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Back at it today, more water has actually made its way back under the carpet on the passenger side. I had to pull the carpet out from under the console and drape it up onto the passenger seat. I'm trying to not have to remove the seat etc... I will try to dry out the carpet padding today as I work on it, but it really needs to be cleaned.
I can't see into that spot like in the photos. He must have had some powerful light source. I will try again..I have the fuse panel and kick panel off and floor trim, gotta remove what looks like a nut on a brace to release more of the rubber padding surrounding the area,also I'm gonna take off the passenger front tire and inner fender to find the boot where it sticks out, to help figure out where it is...thanks

Old 06-30-2013, 11:47 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Well, I finally found the tube and port it is supposed to go into, to drain out of the car. I found them after disconnecting all of the wires on that side fuse box so I could see into the narrow space between the dash and side wall. I was able to get to the tube, but could just barely touch the boot it goes to . After many failed attempts to rejoin them , I ended up using a spare piece of tubing that fit into the boot at the exit port, and over the drain tube from the roof . I just finished, I'll check to see if it works tomorrow. Then I'll button it all back up,...phew

Old 07-01-2013, 05:25 PM
Super Moderator

Hoping it works for you.....I've played with moonroof drains before myself.....oh what fun

Old 07-03-2013, 12:16 AM
Newest Of Newbies

I pluged all the wires back together to opened the roof to blow air down the drain. After another rain I noticed water dripping out of the boot where it is supposed to, and the inside floor was dry!. I left the carpet peeled up to continue drying another day. I was wondering if I should unplug the wires for a last look, or try to maneuver some tape onto the connections of the tube and extension I added for reassurance to keep it together...got too late to do anything else tonite.

Old 07-03-2013, 07:00 PM
Super Moderator

Sounds like you might have "got that sucker"

Keep us posted on how it goes.