General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

suspension on a 97 honda accord

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 05:03 PM
Exclamation suspension on a 97 honda accord

My 97 honda accord is really low to the ground, I actually bought it like this a couple of years ago. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what i could do to maybe adjust the suspension a little higher or replace it all together? And if so what "kit" would i need to do this? I understand these "kits" run anywhere betwen $500 and $600 depending on brand. I'm fairly mechanically enclined but have never replaced shocks or springs before, is this something i could handle or should I just fork out the extra $ and let a mechanic that has a shop and tools do it in a couple hours? Any tips or ad is greatly greatly appreciated. Thanks

Old 05-20-2010, 07:01 PM
Super Moderator

The springs are what is making the car lower.

If the springs are adjustable, then you can adjust them to make the car ride higher. Just look at the spring and see if there is anything threaded going through the center of the spring. If you are not sure what I mean, look up adjustable springs on Ebay for an accord to see what I am talking about.

If you don't have adjustable springs, then you will have to get new springs. Depending on the quality of the shocks the previous owner installed, you might want to keep or replace them. If they are really expensive shocks, you might be able to sell them online and not spend much money in the end.

Old 05-21-2010, 11:07 AM

Shocks and springs...got it! I'll go ahead and start there. Sounds like something i could probably handle on my own. Having the right tools and equipment is always the key I would imagine, anyway thanks for the ad PA!! I'll be sure to check back in if I got anymore ?s.