General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TPMS system not reading my new sensors

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 10:19 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Default TPMS system not reading my new sensors

On my 2008 V6 EX Accord Sedan, 5 years ago, I installed 19' HFP switching out the old original sensors to the new HFP so the original sensor were still being used on the HFP wheels. I also put the original HFP sensors on the 17" OE wheels. This way the TMPS fault light would not come on.

Now, the other day, I just changed out my HFP back to the original stock EX 17" wheels and tires and expected my TPMS fault light to come on. It did not come on after driving several miles. I later checked the current sensor ID using the ATEQ TPMS Quickset. The HFP sensors ID#'s are still stored in Accord's CPU (which is what it should be...but the TPMS light should come on..right?

I later deflated one 18" tire down to 20psi and drove the car for a mile, NO low pressure light.

So the Accord is not reading the new sensors and is not reading the low tire pressure.

I do not get a TPMS error light and the low pressure light did not come on after I deflated a tire.

The VSA light is also not on. But when I start the car, all those light come on during the diagnostic when I start the car. While driving, if I push the VSA switch, no VSA light on the dash.

I just installed the TEIN coilovers and removed the Eibach pro-kit street springs over the weekend.

America's Tire (Discount Tires to anyone else who does not live in Cali) did reset the TPMS sensor about a year ago when I switched out a rim and one TPMS sensor.

I can't remember the low pressure light coming ON recently, so I really don't know if this issue has something to do with what I just did, or did this happen a while ago, but I just noticed it because I swapped out the wheels with the 18" and new different sensors.

For trouble shooting, I plan to put the HFP wheels back on (which sensor ID are still stored in the ECU) and see if the low pressure light comes on after deflating the tire).

If not, the for some reason the TPMS system is not reading my sensor ID and not reading the tire pressure. If the light does go on after re installing the HFP...then I don't know what to do because that does not make any sense.

No TPMS fault light with the new set of OE 18" stock wheels with different sensors than what is stored in the ECU).
No low tire pressure light after deflating the tires to 20psi
No VSA error light

Any of you had this problem?

Old 04-17-2013, 07:05 PM
Super Moderator

Fish - I'm confused by the first line.

"On my 2008 V6 EX Accord Sedan, 5 years ago, I installed 19' HFP switching out the old original sensors to the new HFP so the original sensor were still being used on the HFP wheels. I also put the original HFP sensors on the 17" OE wheels. This way the TMPS fault light would not come on"

You put the OE - to the car - sensors on the 19' but then you say you put the OE 19' sensors on the 17'.

Old 04-18-2013, 11:16 AM
Super Moderator

got a headache reading this one....