General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

tranny

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 05:06 PM
Default tranny

is there anyway you can properly clean the screen without taking apart the whole transmission or do you actually have to take that apart if i wanted to make it work again

Old 11-03-2009, 05:08 PM
Super Moderator

What year/model accord do you have? Put that info in your signature, so you don't have to enter it every time.

Old 11-03-2009, 05:43 PM

its a 95 lx 2.2 sorry

Old 11-03-2009, 06:10 PM
Super Moderator

You have a lot of threads about your transmission, about whether to rebuild/replace, etc.

To make things less confusing, just use this thread that you started, so I don't have to read through numerous threads about the same problem.

Here are the basic things that you should diagnose before tearing apart the transmission.

Is the D4 light or S light flashing when you are driving? If so, you should check for error codes from the TCU. Your problem may deal with a sensor or solenoid that is failing.

You said in a previous post that you changed the transmission fluid on the car. Did you notice a lot of metal shavings, burnt smell, etc when you drained the fluid? Was there a ton of crap stuck to the magnetic drain plug on the transmission?

Old 11-03-2009, 06:15 PM

ok... there are no error codes whatsoever like no likes nothing flashing. when i changed the fluid there were no metal shavings in the old fluid nor did it smell. when i changed the fluid it worked great for a few days im assuming that's because it cleaned some junk out of there. but as of now the car does not move but i can rev it all day in any gear i want. it will just not catch the gear.

Old 11-03-2009, 07:22 PM
Super Moderator

There are two sets of solenoids that are bolted to the transmission, one is the shift solenoid and the other is the lockup. You might want to unbolt them and clean them out with throttle body cleaner. They may be clogged up and could cause your problem. I would also inspect the electrical connections to make sure they are not corroded to those two solenoids. Maybe clean them with electrical contact cleaner.

You can download a 94 shop manual from link i posted in the online manuals thread in the diy section. The transmission section has most of the information on the location (page 14-45). Also, adjust the shift cable via procedure shown on page 14-164.

I would also short the service connector and see if the check engine light or the D4 light flashes any codes. Use a thin paperclip to short the connector. It takes about 5 minutes to do this.

See http://www.dhost.info/accordinfo/howto/cel.html for a good set of instructions. Remember to count both the check engine light and the D4 light.

You should troubleshoot before you tear apart the transmission.

Old 11-03-2009, 07:33 PM

ok thanks ill have to see what i can do with all of this