General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tranny help

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 04:45 PM
Unhappy Tranny help

Wont shift into reverse. Its like theres a lockout from every gear AND neutral. I've searched around and tried pumping the clutch and all this other crazy stuff and it returned no positive results. It goes just enough into reverse where if i let off the clutch the rpms drop(as if it were going to stall because i apply no gas, but it doesn't) but it doesnt go far enough to actually go in. After trying to get into reverse, there then will feel like there is a wall on the left side, i have to push it really hard to get it over to where 1st and 2nd are. I really just have no clue what to do.. and i hope its nothing costly. filter maybe? or maybe it needs new fluid?

Old 05-22-2011, 06:31 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

Most likely your clutch is not disengaging from the flywheel, so it's like trying to change gears w/o clutch. Check clutch fluid, clutch master cylinder, and slave cylinder. Hopefully you have a leak which has disabled the hydraulic clutch.

good luck