General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Valve springs Clatter

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 02:39 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

got boost ,,,,,,,,,,, that is way too much un-needed work

no need to remove wheel.......just turn all the way left as stated by Jim,,
no need to remove the upper t-belt cover ..
trust me,, i have done hundreds and hundreds valve adjust this way ,,

Old 11-02-2009, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by deserthonda
got boost ,,,,,,,,,,, that is way too much un-needed work

no need to remove wheel.......just turn all the way left as stated by Jim,,
no need to remove the upper t-belt cover ..
trust me,, i have done hundreds and hundreds valve adjust this way ,,
desert honda,

I like to be thorough in my work. I do this as a hobby.

By jacking the car it will give you an opportunity to do a quick inspection underneath and address/repair any other issues at that time.

Parking the car with the wheel to the left may be the quick way, but may not be the best way.

By pulling the upper timing cover this will also let the OP know if his timing belt has skipped a tooth, to see if everything is properly aligned at TDC and to check the condition of the timing belt.

Yes, there are the two little timing notches on the back side of the cam that one can reference.

A little time invested now for inspections while you have it open can save you grief later on.

Old 11-02-2009, 03:34 PM
Super Moderator

That's the classic pro/con of working on your own cars. I'm a fan of rotating my own tires, just so I have an excuse to look around for torn balljoints, funny tapered brake pads, anything that's not quite RIGHT.

That's probably why I don't make a living wrenching. I take too long to do the simple jobs. The amount of money I save by wrenching on my own cars is worth - maybe $0.75 per hour of my time.

So now you have different ways of doing it, and you can make your own decision.

Old 11-02-2009, 03:53 PM

No one likes the remote starters? You pull the little connector off the starter and connect one lead to the starter and the other the pos. Batt cable and lightly tap the button against something solid when the marks get close.

Old 11-02-2009, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by JimBlake
That's the classic pro/con of working on your own cars. I'm a fan of rotating my own tires, just so I have an excuse to look around for torn balljoints, funny tapered brake pads, anything that's not quite RIGHT.

That's probably why I don't make a living wrenching. I take too long to do the simple jobs. The amount of money I save by wrenching on my own cars is worth - maybe $0.75 per hour of my time.

So now you have different ways of doing it, and you can make your own decision.
Fair enough.

It only takes me a few minutes to do a quick inspection under the car. Any time I get the chance to jack it up I will.

I used to go to dealers for servicing but I have always ended up with a sour taste in my mouth. Now I just do it on my own.
I find it a better to spend the extra hour or two ripping stuff appart when I can to see if everything is fine or not. If it is fine then that takes a worry off my mind.

Old 11-02-2009, 05:37 PM

I was considering the OP may not have a floor jack.

Old 11-03-2009, 08:58 PM
myaccord93
Unregistered
Thumbs up

Man I dont know how to thank U guys. My car is quieter than B4. They was very loose. It took me about 40min after looking at it/and U guys posts! I was told $100 2 get it done at a shop.