General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Water in radiator seems to be forced out and no solution yet; need help.

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 05:36 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

If you're losing that much water, it should be apparent on the ground somewhere or by very white smoke from exhaust. Have you looked at dipstick to be sure no coolant is entering oil. Coolant in oil can damage the engine.

Hopefully, it's just a radiator crack.

good luck

Old 04-07-2011, 07:06 PM
Post Sad moments in the Honda world

Greetings & salutation my fellow accord owners,
I was out of the picture for almost two weeks. Well, I have the diagnostic results. According to the last Honda dealer mechanics, I've been driving with a bad head gasket. It was suggested to have the head gasket repaired but on the other side I can maybe have the engine replaced with a good used low mileage engine. Currently, the original engine has about 260K miles. This is where I will need for you to shed some light on this topic. Shoud I go with a good used engine or replace the head gasket? The other option is to get another Honda accord but this one will be more costly.

Your input is appreciated in this matter.

Thank you in advance. Yours truly.

Mr. Courteous

Old 04-07-2011, 10:02 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

I would replace the head gasket unless you know there are problems w/ the engine. Does it burn oil? Check the compressions. I've had engines w/ that mileage/age w/ new level compressions.

good luck