General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is a good check list for making a 1993 Accord make a long trip safely?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 10:46 PM

How old is the timing belt? The serpentine belt?

Old 02-08-2012, 12:01 AM

I'd make sure I have 3 things: an emergency kit with instructions on what to do in each breakdown case (written by hers truly), a GPS, and lots of love.

Old 02-08-2012, 10:02 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Originally Posted by 93Accord2.2
The car has always very rarely not started now and then. . very rarely, usually when it's real hot out. But also does it when the weather is mild, too. But very very rarely. Probably the main relay--- if I just tell her to not shut it off when she stops, that should be okay, yeah??
Some gas station attendant will tell her to shut off the engine when she stops for gas. Replace the relay or at the very least suck out the old solder and resolder the joints.

Old 02-08-2012, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by 93Accord2.2
I'm a Christian man all of my life.. I have nothing against her going to colorado to work for her little church friend.. I won't ever give into religious guilt or shame for the nature I was created with, ever again, though.. and I have begun to question translations of certain parts of the word. The last couple of years I have opened my eyes wide and looked for raw truth without bias.. some of my beliefs have changed, but I am still a Christian man..

The thing is, she's been badly sick and it messes with her mind- she is NOT good to people right now- those poor fools (they are good solid Christian people but they have NO IDEA of what they are in for with this ..sweet innocent.. little woman) will grow tired of her very quickly, and by then I won't be around and then she'll really have a problem!! I have walked through hell for this woman, you know, she disappeared for two weeks one time and I found her half dead in an apartment she was never allowed to rent, never paid for, etc. . . If she runs out on me again, I have had all I can handle. She didn't so much as call or anything.

Long long story!!

I should not be rambling about it on here
Woman has be beside myself with worry

Sorry to hear about all of the problem's. I in no way intended to be a "wise guy" just a bit of misplaced humor.