General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What to look for - Used 2005 Accord EX-L V6

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2018, 01:18 AM
Question What to look for - Used 2005 Accord EX-L V6

Hi All,
Thanks in advance for any advice...I did do a search on here and found a few things to keep in mind. I have the opportunity to get an 05 EXL V6 with Nav with only 72k miles on it.
What are some things I should be aware of? Are their known issues to check out?
It's at a reputable dealer and they have done most, if not all, of the maintenance and Carfax is clean so I'm feeling pretty good about it, But, it is 14 years old!
What is the real in town mileage you guys are getting with the V6?

Thanks again for any thoughts!

Old 04-04-2018, 08:08 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

I'm assuming it is an automatic you are looking at. I would check for transmission issues. These are sensitive transmissions and if not taken care of will break before time. Also the compressor. Make sure it is clicking on. There is not to much to look at on these cars. These engines are solid. Just change the oil when you get it. Other than that change out fluids you deem necessary to change. I have a manual because of the issues Honda was have with the automatic transmissions since 99.

Old 04-04-2018, 08:50 AM

Yes, it's a automatic. Thanks!

Old 04-04-2018, 04:47 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Originally Posted by Seanjordan20
I'm assuming it is an automatic you are looking at. I would check for transmission issues. These are sensitive transmissions and if not taken care of will break before time. Also the compressor. Make sure it is clicking on. There is not to much to look at on these cars. These engines are solid. Just change the oil when you get it. Other than that change out fluids you deem necessary to change. I have a manual because of the issues Honda was have with the automatic transmissions since 99.
Actually some of the 03's still had issues. The 04's on are pretty reliable as Honda wasn't making 2 different AT's at that time. Honda had also gone thru it, and fixed most of the problems with it.