General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Whats up? Could use some basic info/ stupid questions

Old 08-26-2008, 10:56 PM
414Accord
Unregistered
Default Whats up? Could use some basic info/ stupid questions

Sup to all. I just bought my third accord first a 89 then a 93 and now a 96 and all were lx. So now I've come to the idea that I might like to make a little sleeper. Shes inawsomecondition for the age, no deposits,no leaks, clean engineout, and golden brown in. I could not belive the quality myself. That being said I dont care about stomping the comp or even empressing the eyes. However I dont want to dothe quickturbo, cold air, and muffler quick fix crap either. I figured I would go one step at a time with suspension, fuel system or somthing like that. But thats just the problem I have no Idea where to begin. Thus you guys and me joining the forum comes in. Now don't get me twisted I am no retard behind the wrench when it comes to fixing. I've had to replace the clutch in my garageon the 93 bymyself. LOL NOT FUN.. However not so assured with my know how to be upgrading and making sure that it all works with everything else. So any ideas as to where a good one thousand can go first and your opinions why? + Here come the newbie questions for my own personal peace of mind. What do gold emblems mean and how do I find ot what kind of engine i have in terms of B20a or b16 so forth and so on. Its a 1996 lx 2.2l if that helps. Thanks again.

Old 08-27-2008, 02:54 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Whats up? Could use some basic info/ stupid questions

First things first, start searching and reading. The 5th gen (94-97) came with either the F22B1 (VTEC), F22B2 (No-VTEC), or the C27 (V6). B16 and B20A are Civic/Intergra engines. You can tell whether or not you have VTEC by looking at the valve cover, one says HONDA 16 VALVE and the other says HONDA VTEC.

I would put my first grand into the suspension. Get a nice set of springs/shocks or coilovers and a good camber kit for the rear. Front camber can be adjusted to about a 3" drop. Front strut bar and a thick rear sway will also do tremendous things for handling. Only reason why I say suspension first is because you'll be able to feel it more and it's the best bang-for-your-buck value.

Oh and gold emblems are just a dealer option, nothing special.

Old 08-27-2008, 09:07 PM
Administrator
Default RE: Whats up? Could use some basic info/ stupid questions

Hi New Member...Thanks for joining..Now 2nd things second

This post is in the wrong forum..
I shall move it for you to the correct one...Please read the Forum Posting rules...

WheeelBrroookerAng