General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Could use some help

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 12:19 AM
Desert Rat
Unregistered
Default Could use some help

This is a great site I hope your knowlege will assist me in solving my problem.
I have a 1993 Accord DX2.2 literthe engine has quit on me off and on while driving when it dies it will start back up after about a minute.
I have ben able to pull the code and it has flashed a code 15(ignition output signal ) any ideas where to start.
On another note the shop replacedthe distributer three months ago and said they cant diagnose the intermitent problem.

Old 09-12-2007, 12:48 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Could use some help

You can download a shop manual for a 91 Accord from www.hondahookup.com/manuals The 91 should be pretty much identical to your 93. Your test procedure is in chapter 6 page 184

Its either a problem with the coil, ignition control module, or the ignition switch.

EDIT: Was the coil replaced when the distributor was replaced? Also make sure that all of the wires are connected securly. I have heard of aftermarket parts failing when they are relatively new.

Old 09-12-2007, 01:41 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

sounds like a bad ignitor to me ...or internal distr issues ..or the coil or open in black/yellow wire between ign switch and connector at distr ,,So it needs to be DIAGNOSED

first chk that the connectors outside the distr are tight,, chk wires at coil, also there are some connectors at the left shock towers , unplug them and chk to make sure none of them are loose pins or corroded ,
also,, remove the distr cap and chk that the wiring that plug into the ignitor are tight .

try this ,,

there is a 2 wire connector at distr ( black/yellow for f22b1 engine and yellow for f22b2 engine ,,) get a volt meter , unplug the connector , turn ign switch on, chk voltage between black yellow and body ground ,, or yellow and body ground,depending on the engine ,, should both have around 12 volts .

if there is voltage then we need to test at the ECM

if there is NO voltage you need to test the coil .. if coil is ok,, it could be an open in the wiring . either between distr connector and coil or coil and ign switch

chk this out and let us know

Old 09-12-2007, 08:57 AM
Desert Rat
Unregistered

I did replace the igniter, I will try some of the ides you talked about I did not say earlier it has more problems and dies durring hot days rather than cool mornings.