General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Window or Door Squeaking

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 04:05 PM
Default Window or Door Squeaking

I purchased my '06 EX-L 8 months ago with about 30k miles on it. It now has 35k miles. Lately the doors or windows have been squeaking. It is the best term that comes to mind. It sounds like the door glass or doors themselves are shifting slightly in place against the window or door rubber when riding over irregular pavement or bumps. Sometimes the sounds comes from one door; sometimes several. I have been unable to find a pattern to this but it is very aggravating when they squeak.

Any thoughts or suggestions are more than welcome.

Thanks for reading the post.

Old 09-26-2008, 05:36 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Window or Door Squeaking

First, I'd clean out the tracks with Q-tips, cotton ***** and alcohol. Then spray them with silicone spray .... it wipes off the glass pretty easily ... for a lube anyway. If you still have squeaking, proceed to remove the inner pannels and silicone any mechanical joints that you can find and the actuator. To take apart the door, look for a DIY on front speaker installation. ..... that's after you confirm that it's coming from there. Make sure that it's not from the wheel or suspension.

Old 09-26-2008, 07:34 PM

this is a common problem on the 7th gens. lower the window an inch or two and drive it. is the noise happening a lot more? typically it does. it's caused by a faulty window regulator. the noise i'm talking about sounds like a tick or repetitive tick sometimes.

Old 09-27-2008, 09:59 PM

Thanks falkore24 and HondatechAV6 for the quick replies.

I drove the car today and the noise was there again on the driver side. Focusing a little better, I realized it's the door glass rubbing against the gasket rubber. "Squeaking noise" is probably not the best way to describe the sound.

A few months ago I treated all the door and window rubber with Amorall. I keep them fairly clean as well as the door jambs. Is there a suggested silicone product for dressing Honda door and window rubber.

Thanks again for the assistance.

Old 09-27-2008, 11:27 PM

oh, your op makes it sound like there is a noise from one or more windows when riding over bumps.

anyway, you can pick up a can of silicone spray from any honda dealer or autozone to spray the window runchannels, door seals and anything else that is rubber and my be making a little noise.

Old 09-28-2008, 02:00 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

since car is still under warranty ,,i would take it to the dealer to chk things out ,make sure everything is ok..