General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Window Issues...

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2013, 07:20 PM
Default Window Issues...

So this is a tricky issue and I am going to have trouble explaining it so please ask for clarification if I fail to explain.

My Honda is pretty old but very well taken care of. The driver side window failed so I replaced the actuator just a few months ago. Easy. Now I am left with the following problem:

The driver window is closed; I hear a faint click of the actuator applying force like the window is trying to put itself up and then a click of the actuator stopping the force. When this happens I usually try to put the window down and it is always non responsive for a few seconds, then after a few seconds of holding or continually depressing the button, the window goes down.

I would like to say that this is only an issue when the window is up but with the road noise which comes with having the window down, I may be overlooking it. The window moves up and down with ease except in the seconds following the clicks. Also note that I may have miss diagnosed the clicks as I never witness the window moving when this happens.

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can provide. I have been searching the internet for a long time for this solution. A little while back I found a guy with the exact same problem posted on a forum with no responses. I have been looking for that post but have been unable to find it since.

Old 09-07-2013, 07:53 PM
Super Moderator

Try cleaning the window glass run channel with some rubbing alcohol and then lubing it with a silicone based lubricant.

The care has anti-pinch windows. The power window motor incorporates a pulser which generates pulses during the motor's operation and sends pulses to the power window control unit. As soon as the power window control unit detects no pulses from the pulser, the power window control unit makes the power window motor stop and reverse. Although, it is mainly to prevent pinching your hands or fingers during the auto-up operation, it may be the cause of your issue when it is going down.