General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wipers missing big spot right in middle of windshield

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 10:13 PM
Default Same issues on an 04

I had the same issue on my girlfriends 04 Accord Sedan. I installed them and had the same issue and after flipping the blades around and manipulation into the wiper arm itself (where the little slot is to hold the blade) they worked fine for a few months. Now that was about 6 months ago. The blades are in need of replacement again so I am going to try Trico's neoform blades that do not have the "backbones" to see if that helps.

Old 05-17-2012, 04:24 PM

Those aftermarket blades have too much bow in them, for the Accord's flat windshield. Just get inserts for the stock blades (cheap), and they will work like brand new again. I usually order some from HandAaccessories.com, when I order my other maintenance items. They are less than $20, and the wipers work great again. Why spend mega bucks, for wipers that don't work well on your car? Just checked the price for the inserts, and it was $8.14. Can't beat that.

Last edited by EXV6NIGHTHAWK; 05-17-2012 at 04:45 PM.
Old 05-17-2012, 07:00 PM

As if the price of these aftermarket blades wasn't high enough, you can't even get refills for them. You have to buy the entire blade every time you want new blades. That's just crazy.

Old 12-21-2012, 01:05 PM

I have a similar problem with the driver's side replacement blade. There's a bracket that blade slides into on my 2006 Accord XL which is causing the problem. I'm not talking about the place where you attach a replacement blade but closer to where the wiper assembly connects to the car is a bracket which stabilizes the blade. The replacement is too wide. Will go to the dealership and buy the Honda part for this.

Old 12-21-2012, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Rainman
I have a similar problem with the driver's side replacement blade. There's a bracket that blade slides into on my 2006 Accord XL which is causing the problem. I'm not talking about the place where you attach a replacement blade but closer to where the wiper assembly connects to the car is a bracket which stabilizes the blade. The replacement is too wide. Will go to the dealership and buy the Honda part for this.
Just remove the bracket. It's held on by one Philips screw. I've been using Peak's hybrid blades on a 7th gen Accord without the bracket and they work better than OEM.

Old 02-08-2018, 04:51 PM

I have a 2006 Honda Accord and I had the big missing spot on the middle of the driver side wiper. I got new blades and had the same problem. So I turned on the wiper and turned the car off so it would stop on the spot. I noticed there is a little plastic piece toward the driver side of the wiper arm and it was pushing on the wiper. So I looked under the piece and noticed that it’s attached to the wiper with a little philips head screw, the plastic piece has the words HONDA >PBT<. I unscrewed it and removed the piece and now the blade sits perfectly flat against the windshield. I tested the wiper without that piece and it seems to work fine.

Old 04-11-2021, 08:49 AM

This worked for me. I’m using using rain x blades and removed that piece. Thank you.

Originally Posted by Tommytamasese@gmail.com
I have a 2006 Honda Accord and I had the big missing spot on the middle of the driver side wiper. I got new blades and had the same problem. So I turned on the wiper and turned the car off so it would stop on the spot. I noticed there is a little plastic piece toward the driver side of the wiper arm and it was pushing on the wiper. So I looked under the piece and noticed that it’s attached to the wiper with a little philips head screw, the plastic piece has the words HONDA >PBT<. I unscrewed it and removed the piece and now the blade sits perfectly flat against the windshield. I tested the wiper without that piece and it seems to work fine.