General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wiring harness 2014 accord

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 11:12 AM
Default wiring harness 2014 accord

Hi, I have a 2014 Accord LX and have purchased a "Hidden Hitch" #60325 and wiring harness
# 118596. There are numerous videos about installing the hitch, and the wiring harness to the taillight sockets, but nothing showing how to route the live wire to the front of the vehicle in order to connect to the battery. The first question is whether it is necessary to connect to the battery, as the videos do not show this step. If it is necessary, can someone give a route to run the wire inside the vehicle, or is it just as good to run it underneath and up to the battery. How do the installers do it? I do not wish to damage the electrical wires in my nice new car. Thanks for any help.

Old 07-08-2014, 02:59 PM
Super Moderator

I am not sure whether you're the same person that posted the question regarding the power wire for a 2014 Accord here: Does the Power Wire of the Tow Ready Wiring Harness for 2014 Honda Accord Need to Run to Battery | etrailer.com

But, it does seem it is recommended to run the power wire directly to the battery.

One route is from the trunk area, along the left (driver's side) floor harness and into the engine compartment.

You'll have to take off certain plastic trim panel and just follow the floor harness till you get to the firewall.

College Hills Honda has various install instructions you can use to see how to take off trim panels to run parallel to the left floor harness. Just remove the necessary panels.

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/ins...kupsensors.pdf
http://www.collegehillshonda.com/ins...orsilltrim.pdf

To run the power wire through the firewall, there are 3 grommets near the driver's foot rest, see post #2:
Help installing amp in new 2013 accord

The owner's manual warns not to tow a trailer with the car for the first 600 miles of break-in.

Last edited by redbull-1; 07-09-2014 at 05:23 PM. Reason: images removed
Old 08-15-2014, 08:10 PM
Thumbs up hitch installation

OK, I finally got to the hitch and was able to fish the wires through from the trunk, down to door sills and under them to the front, where the grommet through the firewall was easy to find. A bit of hassle to get the wire into engine compartment but managed, and then connected it to battery terminal without fully disconnecting the battery - to save hassle with radio etc. The hitch itself was a piece of cake to install - the hardest part was getting the exhaust off the hangers. Thanks for the links which helped a lot for running the wiring.