Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

1991 EX Manifold studs gone... just gone

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 07:17 PM
powerpeecee
Unregistered
Default 1991 EX Manifold studs gone... just gone

not sure I'm posting this in the right spot but heregoes,

My friend has an EX, 1991 year model, and the bottom of the manifold is completely separated from the rest of the exhaust, the damn thing got really loud today, and come to find out that I can just grab the pipes and move them around. the exhaust just kind of came apart.

I called the stealership and asked what size the studs are, and I was told 8mm. I tried getting a couple 8MM bolts but I can't get anything to thread in. I think the stupid thing is stripped.

I'm b0rked, basically, what can I do? There's one stud and nut still stuck in the flange but no amount of turning it will accompish anything. Gotta find a way to reach up in there and pull that one out.

Maybe I can be a goon and put some 10mm bolts in there? Friend doesn't care, as long as it stops making the horrendous noise. It's fun to ride with open headers for about 5 minutes, then it gets really, really bothersome. I'll even have the pipe welded to the manifold if I have to.

Also HAI my name is John, neat forum you guys got here.