Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

'95 Accord exhaust help

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 08:59 AM
Default '95 Accord exhaust help

I have the F22b1 auto and I have a Magnaflow coffee can now. The cats still there and the resonator behind it. I have a bad rattling in it somewhere, I thought it was a simple dust shield but it's not. I'd like to do a cat back, not just because of the rattle but my car was on air and the resonator and coffee can got the grunt end of the deal besides the very loud buzzing exhaust is nit for me anymore. My cars off air so no more sparks of dragging pipes for me.

Should I leave the resonator off? What size pipe from cat back? I have a 06 Civic SI with a Magnaflow muffler and 3in tip and I like the mellow tone it has, it's not like a bee lol. It's also a different engine, 6spd and not a coffee can Magnaflow either but surely I can get close and get a mellow tone that won't make me deaf. Also at 60 I'm showing 3grand with an auto is this right?

Old 09-27-2011, 09:14 AM
Supper Moderator

ok I'm confused. Are you asking about the civic or the accord exhaust?

If you asking about the accord. Get a MANDREAL bent 2.25’ cat back. As for the rattle it could be a number of things. The heat shields lose exhaust flanges or blown out gaskets (goes with the lose pipes) Bad hanger holders ( I donno the names of them. But the rubber that holds the exhaust hangers to the chassis)

Old 09-27-2011, 10:33 PM

My second paragraph was just considering the same setup our Civic has and that's a 2.25in with a Magnaflow and a 3in tip, it's very clean and mellow for a Import exhaust and I like it. My Accord has the cat, and resonator still but for a muffler it has Magnaflows coffee can muffler. A lot of these offer a tip that plugs the tip up and is held on with a screw under the pipe but I'm really considering a Magnaflow with a tip (not a coffee can). I was saying I don't expect the same sound on my Accord as my Civic even with the same exhaust setup but I hope it's fairly close in a way. My Accord cruises the highway at 60mph at 3,000rpm and I get an earth shattering buzz like I'm doing 8,000rpm. I want to gain a mellow tone that's not too loud but not stock quiet.

Old 09-28-2011, 07:17 AM
Supper Moderator

Go with a flowmaster 40 series. deep low ton that sounds really good.