Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

Cost of header Installation?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 08:04 AM
Default Cost of header Installation?

Yeah, title says it all, 95 ex 4 cylinder. I know that I could do it myself but I don't want to void manufacturer warranty and I don't have jackstands. Sure jackstands are $30and the rest of the installation would be free but I would need proof if something went wrong with my header, prof installation. I'm getting ready to buy OBX ss headers and it seems they have a good rep and fitment shouldn't be a problem. On the other hand, if there is someone in the phoenix area with jackstands and experience let me know. I would rather save the cash and do it right with someone who has done it before that pay out through the nose. Thanks.

Old 09-10-2006, 09:30 AM
Administrator
Default RE: Cost of header Installation?

Hello slusher...

OBX has some very good products, I'm sure your going to like the HP increase and of course the sound.
E-mail Lightshow, he lives over in Tempe and he seems to know how to do many things and do them right...let me know if you guys hook up and meet...

WheelBrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

[IMG]local://upfiles/22/5C545648CFB64669B36D103929E6ED91.gif[/IMG]

Old 09-11-2006, 01:12 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Hey Slusher. I have a 97 Accord and got my OBX headers put in by Midas. It was no more than $120. I forget the actual cost b/c they put on my apexi exhaust and $150 or $180 i forget o2 sensor. Be wary of that though, if your o2 sensor is stuck in your manifold, they wont be able to let you drive home until a new one is installed. Im sure they added a few bucks onto my sensor (from carquest). So i'd spray the sensor with wd-40 or liquid wrench alot prior to installation. (Your car will probably smoke from little pools of it building up and then burning off so dont worry)

Old 09-11-2006, 05:02 AM

Glad to hear that OBX still has a good rep, thanks WheelBrolerAng for the vote of support for the choice. 19Accord97 how do you like you headers? Do they have a beautiful sound? The power? I appreciate the advice on spraying stuff to loosen it up, I hear O2 sensors can be pricey. So if I do it myself or take it to someone I'm going to start spraying the bolts. Lightshow, if you read this, let me know if you're up to it or when I get the headers (probably next week or two) I'll email you. Thanks everyone!

Old 09-28-2006, 07:43 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Hey sorry, I didnt see this post! Anyways, i didnt hear any sound from my headers because of my short ram. Powerwise there is a definite notice! But its not extreme....I would like to drive a stock Accord and then see what the difference is.[8D]

Old 09-29-2006, 06:44 AM

Thanks for getting back to me with some more info. I am glad to hear that they are not too loud, I want my car to go fast but it doesn't need to attract the wrong attention. Can't wait to feel the difference. I'm still soaking all my bolts, just some days I'm too busy to crawl underneath and get em. I have decided to do it myself, I'm gonna run over to Luke Air Force Base and use their 'Hobbie Shop'. They have lifts and all the tools I might need and people who can help me if I run into trouble.
Thanks again!