Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

Custom rear section of exhaust.

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 01:31 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered
Default Custom rear section of exhaust.

Like you all know, my Apexi WS2 is to quiet for me and I want something with a really nice deep sporty tone. I dont really have or want to buy a whole nother exhaust so I was thinking of just getting a universal muffler and having a shop do the rest. Heres my question. Would a place such as midas be able to bend the pipe, weld on the muffler and hangers, and then weld on a flange so it bolts up to my existing piping instead of welding it? And how much would this cost? I was thinking the $30-50 range?

Old 03-05-2007, 11:01 AM
Default RE: Custom rear section of exhaust.

Why not take it to them for a free estimate? No guessing, no opinions, just "it will cost you X amount".

Old 03-05-2007, 12:19 PM

On my 1996 Accord, I will be getting a Megan Racing N-1 style universal muffler, you can find these for under $100!!! Then take it to a muffler shop, my friend got his done for about $40 for the piping and labor, cat-back. Hope it helps

Old 03-05-2007, 09:40 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

"Why not take it to them for a free estimate? No guessing, no opinions, just "it will cost you X amount".
When I had my exhaust/headers installed they would not give me an accurate estimate until they actually saw the stuff I was bringing in. So I didnt even feel like bothering w/ it again.

On my 1996 Accord, I will be getting a Megan Racing N-1 style universal muffler, you can find these for under $100!!! Then take it to a muffler shop, my friend got his done for about $40 for the piping and labor, cat-back. Hope it helps
Thanks! I hope it will be that cheap! Was it made w/ a flange that bolted right up? I basically want the freedom to interchange between my original Apexi muffler and the new one. Was that $40 for the whole cat back or just the rear section, and where was that done at? Thanks!

Old 03-05-2007, 09:44 PM

my friend has a flowmaster exhaust on his 97 accord and that's a great sound, pretty stinkin' loud too..... that would be pretty cheap

Old 03-05-2007, 09:53 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: sir_nasty

my friend has a flowmaster exhaust on his 97 accord and that's a great sound, pretty stinkin' loud too..... that would be pretty cheap
Thanks! I was just about to ask which muffler to get! Like how loud is it/price/model #?

Bascially I like the deep growls but I think a little bit of growl and a smidge of that riceyness would sound good if that makes sense. I want it loud enough so other people will hear it (unlike the WS2) but not loud enough to where ill get a ticket. Any ideas? The cheaper the better. And I like the look of the fart cans.