Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

K&N Air Filters. Pros/Cons

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by g22cd5
[/FONT][/COLOR]

The point I was trying to make about the dirt roads and dust was Iv never had engine failure b/c of it.
I can't use paper filters on CAI. But when I did use a moded stocker box I used paper to start. The air flow was surly not there. Went with K&N drop in and it was night and day. Then after I always had CAI so I had to use a cone filter. But always have use K&N oil less filters. To clean my filter I always used water let dry then some gas let dry and water again. You can also buy the spay cleaner for like 4bux. I clean my filter every oil change (2200-2800miles) b/c I'm so hard on my engines.

If your like me and do a bunch racing the biggest advantage is air flow and reliability. You need a filter that can take some abuse. My filter is in my wheel well with no wheel well cover. So my filters get a beating from the crap on the road. The extra sand the gets kicked up rubber from my tires from launches ect. ect. ect. The K&N filters are pretty tough and last for a long time.
Sounds like you're exactly the guy they don't want to be covering with the million mile warranty

The ruggedness of a K&N is definitely another one of its benefits. They can take a major beating.

Old 08-03-2011, 02:12 PM
Supper Moderator

nah I will never use the warranty. I go thru filters like a kid eats candy. I think Iv bought at least 8 filters in the past 10 years. But that’s b/c I'm so rough on them. Has nothing to do with the filter it's my driving habits. It also doesn’t help my filter is a inch away from the ground due to my car being a inch off the ground.