Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

question about 03 accord v6 intake

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 05:08 AM
Default question about 03 accord v6 intake

I am thinking of getting an aemv2 intake for my 03 accord v6

But i am hearing about the CAI that it will make car stop if the water soaked into the CAI 's filter

Also i heard about the aem air bypass value...that prevent the water soaked to the filter

My areas are too bumpy and i just wanna make sure that if it is safe when i install the intake with bypass value and wont make car stopped.

And this is a stupid question , just dont make fun of me lol, not an English speaker

How often do i need to change the CAI's filter when i installed.

Will i have any problems with the CAI, when i drive on wet road?

I wont do suspension, would that be okay to install CAI without installing the bypass value?

I am not very good at like car stuffs so please help me with these problems.

Lastly, Do you recommand SRI or CAI? Which one is more safe ?

In case, if i install SRI, i know that it produces less power than CAI , but SRI is like produce less cold air. right? so SRI can blow up my engine?

What is the advantages and disadvantages of those two intakes?

Oh by the way, if the water soaked into the CAI's filter, then Do i need to replace the engine?

Old 05-27-2007, 10:09 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered
Default RE: question about 03 accord v6 intake

The AEM V2 is like a cai but the only difference is that you get a little more horse power but you can not use the bypass valve with the V2. You can use the bypass valve with just a cai.
A sri is much more safe as it is practically impossible to get soaked with water. No, it wont blow up your engine either, it doenst get as much cold air but it wont affect your engine in a way to blow up!

If your cai or V2 were to get drenched in water and hydrolocked your engine, you would need to get a new engine.