Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

Question about an SRI

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 10:33 PM
Carnixx
Unregistered
Default Question about an SRI

Hey whats up guys, I just got an 03 Accord EX V6 Coupe and I have one question. I don't know much too much about cars so please bear with me . Anyways, I've been reading a bunch of forum posts and decided that I want to purchase an SRI, and saw that alot of people buy them cheap off of ebay and just use a K&N filter, but when I was looking I wasn't sure which one is the right to buy. Would this work, because even though I know the auction says CAI it doesn't look as long as some pictures of a AEM CAI, or no would I need this?

Old 01-02-2007, 11:13 PM
Default RE: Question about an SRI

i dont know to much about v6 accords. but i think they all r kinda short like that. but i could be wrong on that one

Old 01-03-2007, 03:05 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

I think on the v6 the intakes are alot closer to the fender which is where a cai basically goes. See the difference in the length of the pipes? With a cai there is a chance of sucking in water and ruining your engine (hydrolocking). So if you want to be really safe, go with the sri. But AEM does sell just their bypass valves, so yuo could get the cai and the valve. I personally, would not get an ebay intake, just because I dont know what they are made of, where they have been, and of course AEM is going to be better. With a name brand intake you are assured of perfect fit. cai's and sri's are actually tuned. So the imitations arent and wont be as good as name brand. But its up to you. Alot of people are happy with the cheap ones, just make sure to upgrade the filter.

Old 01-03-2007, 03:35 AM
Carnixx
Unregistered

Thanks for the reply 19Accord97, yes i've read about the issues with having a CAI which is why I want to get an SRI, as well as because I'm on a budget. I don't know if you understood my question correctly, I'm asking if both of those are SRI's because they both looked short to me.