Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

Upgrade to Cold Air?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 07:50 PM
jayj3000
Unregistered
Default Upgrade to Cold Air?

Hey, my girlfriend got in a fender bender in my 03 accorda while ago and didn't file a report, so I'm trying to get around it. when she swipe the other car, it knocked off the intake fixtures in front of the driver side front wheel. It's been giving me hell trying to find ways to attach it back up to the air filter box and keep it in place, as the screw holes that keep it up were broken off. Would it be better to just replace the intake with some aftermarket like cold air? or is that just stupid?

Old 09-28-2006, 08:41 PM
Default RE: Upgrade to Cold Air?

You could always go SRI too.

oh and what were you doing letting someone else drive your car? :P

Old 09-28-2006, 10:29 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Either way. Just check out the prices at your Honda dealership and see which would be cheaper. A short ram intake will be cheaper than a cold air intake, and if the fender gaurd got screwed up then the chance for water getting into a cold air is greater. If lots of water gets sucked up then it most likely will hydrolock your engine and ruin it. Short rams are much safer unless you get a bypass valve for the cold air intake

Old 09-29-2006, 02:56 AM
Administrator

Hi Jayj3000
Check out the items and prices at our sponsor sites here on the forums.
They hace CAI's and SAI's on their site page...

WheelBrokerAng

Old 09-29-2006, 03:50 PM

Like Wheelbroker said check out CorSport, they are a new sponsor and carry high quality stuff.... Also, when doing repairs on wrecked cars if you just want it to work temporarily 3 things are you friends, a drill, small drill bit, LOTS of different zip ties and duct tape!

Old 09-30-2006, 12:54 PM
jayj3000
Unregistered

yeah the intake is being held in place now with some zip ties, I'll drill it in place as soon as I get an ac lighter adapter for my drill....lol and I've got duct tape all over the place. The whole corner of my bumper that covers it is actually duct taped in place, I won't buy a new bumper until I resolve the intake problem. But as far as the CAI and the SAI, I want whatever's safest for the car...I'm not really trying to boost the performance much. Thanx everyone

Old 10-10-2006, 09:21 AM

Hey jay, alright first of all, just admit you crashed it not your girlfriend. Haha, I'm just kidding. But to give u some advice, ya definitely go w/ a cold air. I just put mine in less than two weeks ago and it's good stuff. But in ur situation, it'd definitely make things less complicated in that area of ur engine. It will only take u like 20 minutes to install it and just the one pipe and filter will replace that whole big black airbox that's givin u all that trouble. And it only mounts at the top and at the side. So, in ur situation it sounds like it'd be easier to do it that way. Hope that helps.