Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

US sold header fit UK car?

Old 12-20-2006, 02:01 PM
befuddledblunt
Unregistered
Default US sold header fit UK car?

hi, does any1 know if US sold, accord exhaustheader's...example's http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/F22B-...62629857QQrdZ1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/F22B-...63420295QQrdZ1

will fit a uk car: f22b5 ? and are they any good??
Many Thanks

Old 12-20-2006, 08:54 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered
Default RE: US sold header fit UK car?

If the engine is the same, I would think it would fit in my opinion. But if I were you, I would stay away from those knock-off headers. Someone on here had some and it messed up their gaskets from incorect installation but it could have been b/c they are el cheapo. If you want quality for a good price I would recommend OBX or Megan headers.

Old 12-20-2006, 11:03 PM
befuddledblunt
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: 19Accord97

If the engine is the same, I would think it would fit in my opinion. But if I were you, I would stay away from those knock-off headers. Someone on here had some and it messed up their gaskets from incorect installation but it could have been b/c they are el cheapo. If you want quality for a good price I would recommend OBX or Megan headers.
ta
yeh, i cant see y it wouldnt fit. but i want to be sure..only the s/w ting thats dif, aint it[sm=smiley24.gif]..
any ideas where i can get an OBX / Megan header(that ship to uk)? cheers

Old 12-20-2006, 11:21 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

I am sure they will fit, buit I would check with the other guys on this site. Anyways, you can order the headers off of ebay either in stainless steel or ceramic. Whichever you choose. Mine cost $177 shipped but I would tack on around $30 to ship to you. Let us know how it goes.

Old 02-06-2007, 11:04 PM
befuddledblunt
Unregistered

ez all OBX header on its way[sm=happybounce.gif], at last!any day now, cant wait.
gotta get the cat back system now,, but what to get?? best i can find isMagnaFlow orOBX dual tip. what to go for?[sm=smiley13.gif]

Old 02-08-2007, 02:13 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Glad to see its coming your way! As for a cat-back, it depends on what sound you want. Deep? Soft, loud, quiet? All exhausts have different tones.

Oh, and if I were you, when you get your OBX headers I would buy high quality gaskets so you dont have to go through what quite a few people do. The headers are great quality (your o2 sensor barely is long enough though) but the gasket blew out on my. Both at flanges and between the engine and headers. You can only get the gaskets where the two pieces bolt together off of the internet like summitracing.com for about 8 bucks.
I just had to replace my gasket, and now have to do the flange gasket. Since no one sells the correct one locally I will just use some permatex.

Good luck!