New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

1998 honda accord. Timing belt help please!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2019, 06:58 PM
Default 1998 honda accord. Timing belt help please!

So I wanted to double check and make sure I’m getting all the right parts for my 1998 honda accord 2.3 ex. The car has 152k miles on it and almost nothing has been fixed on this car so i want to just knock a lot of it out at once. So while doing the timing belt what else is pretty cheap and that I should probably go ahead and replace now? Here is a picture of my current list.

Old 03-01-2019, 04:30 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Originally Posted by Natecody20
So I wanted to double check and make sure I’m getting all the right parts for my 1998 honda accord 2.3 ex. The car has 152k miles on it and almost nothing has been fixed on this car so i want to just knock a lot of it out at once. So while doing the timing belt what else is pretty cheap and that I should probably go ahead and replace now? Here is a picture of my current list.
I'm not sure what the FelPro "O" ring is for. Other than the thermostat, your list is complete. I'd go to Rock Auto and do a price comparison though. For the T stat I'd go with a genuine Honda part. If not a Denso part (OE supplier).

Old 03-07-2019, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by The Toecutter
I'm not sure what the FelPro "O" ring is for. Other than the thermostat, your list is complete. I'd go to Rock Auto and do a price comparison though. For the T stat I'd go with a genuine Honda part. If not a Denso part (OE supplier).
I checked rock auto and could get it all about 15 bucks cheaper with the standard discount but have a friend who works at advanced auto and always buys it for me with his employee discount on top of the 25% discount lol. Perks of having a friend who is an assistant manager. He did recommend that I get my fuel filter changed tho because my car has been having trouble turning over when it’s really cold and isn’t 100% certain on it. Would like your opinion as you seem know more about it. I did remove the O ring after looking into it after your suggestion. I meant to add the distributor seal. Also I didn’t see a denso part on rock auto but went with the- Motorad 7328170 {73287} Fail-safe 170F. Haven’t ordered it yet, I still have it in the cart until I hear back from ya. Total was 116 on rock auto and total with just my discount on advanced auto was 123 after removing O ring but with a worst thermostat. Any advice is welcomed I really dont have anyone to go to for advice on these things. Thanks again!