Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Need Engine Trouble Help: Timing Belt Woes, Please Help

Old 02-21-2006, 02:27 PM
Default RE: Need Engine Trouble Help: Timing Belt Woes, Please Help

Not sure what gear you are seeing, post a pic so we can help.

Old 02-21-2006, 05:23 PM

Is it protrudding from the timing belt cover, the block? From your drawing it looks like its next to the power stering pump?

Old 02-21-2006, 07:04 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

yea you absolutely must get a picture for us to see....its possible that whoever did the work on your car did a bang up job and then yea your motor may be toast and you prolly wont be able to get them to pay for it. (thats why nobody touches my baby).

im almost thinking that your crankshaft pulley separated (harmonic balancer). does your powersteering belt look frayed? if this is your problem then for 60 - 80 bucks LKQ can get you a good used one. if its an actual gear though.......your prolly F ed....no gear should ever pop out of the drivers side. if its on the very top of the motor, its your cam gear.....if its down low towards the front of the car....then its the oil pump gear.....if its down low towards the back of the engine then its the balance shaft gear.. good luck i hope its just the crank pulley for your sake. let us know which shop did the work so we know to never ever ever go there.

Old 02-23-2006, 07:26 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

if that place cant get an oil pump on the first time....i wouldnt take it there. i would pony up the extra dough to get it done right. sometimes they will break more than they actually fix