New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Got me a Honda!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 12:02 AM
Default Got me a Honda!

Hi, I've already posted some questions and stuff in a couple of other sections but figured I'd introduce myself to everyone here. Just got a 96 2.2L LX last week with CAI, headers, and exhaust. Lowered a good inch and a half, and sway bar or whatever it's called. Sorry, don't know a lot of technical stuff about suspension. Never been too worried about it cuz I've always been a straight-line racing fan. Love the drag strip. This is my first Honda, used to not care for them but started a business that has me on the road all the time, so traded in the ol' explorer. Bought the accord because it was gas-efficient but was a good base to continue work on going faster. Past cars I've had include:

85 300ZX
91 camaro rs conv.
86 mustang (this was the car that got all my attention and money, ran 9.30's in the 1/8)
88 Trans Am GTA

So you can tell that my heart beats for v8 performance. But as long as it goes fast, it doesn't make a difference for me. I've always been intrigued by those turbo'd DSM's. I guess now it's time for me to learn all about Honda. I was impressed by my car when I test drove it based on my perception of Honda. Didn't realize for the longest time that there were actually people who were serious about going fast in Honda's. I thought it was all about the biggest, loudest, shiniest exhaust tips and stickers and big aluminum wings. Though I've got to say I've actually got respect for the folks here based on what I've read. Look forward to being a part of this community.

Old 03-28-2006, 12:41 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Got me a Honda!

ORIGINAL: guitargod33

I thought it was all about the biggest, loudest, shiniest exhaust tips and stickers and big aluminum wings.

lol.......yea thats a pretty common misconception. welcome to the forum were glad to have you here

Old 03-28-2006, 01:39 AM

Welcome to the forums!
You'll meet many people here who actually care about making some serious power from their 4 banger. Not by slapping on APC stickers, although it seems many people go for that... Not here though!
It's actually pretty sick what a honda 4 banger can do in the right hands.

Old 03-28-2006, 02:53 AM
Administrator

Like the two members before me typed in that we can help you find serious HP for your 4 banger...
Welcome to The Forums...

WheelBrokerAng

Old 03-28-2006, 06:48 PM

Oh I know the right person can definitely get these things flying, I just rarely see it. I saw an old (like late 80's) N/A civic turn a 8.0 at the local 1/8 track a couple of years ago and couldn't believe my eyes...