New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Have tried everything Alarm will not shut off.

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2021, 10:56 PM
Default Have tried everything Alarm will not shut off.

My husband and I have been searching for a week now trying everything we can find online to get it to go off. I went to the Dr last week. I locked my purse in the trunk. When I came out. I got my purse. Closed the trunk. Unlocked the drivers door. And the alarm started going off. I can drive the car. But now we can't turn it off. Honda cut a new key. But they said it wouldn't program the fob to the car. They said it would have to be traced. Down as to why it won't shut off. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Old 05-20-2021, 11:14 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Not sure what year or trim level your car is but it might be good to check the alarm functionality in the manual, as silly as it sounds. It's unusual for a key issue to set off the alarm, usually key issues would just not allow the car to start. With some cars when you manually unlock your door, i.e. pulled the lock up through an open window, etc. it will set off the alarm. I've had this happen in an older accord for which I didn't have the FOB and had to put the key in the drivers side door and cycle the door lock to turn off the alarm. Cycling the ignition did not turn it off.

When you unlocked the door, did you do that? use the fob? use the key in the door?

Depending on the year of the car you many be able to find instructions for how to program any new fobs yourself.